Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Andy Gonzalez's Promotion Looks Permanent
Troy Cameron Released By Jason Gage April 29, 2004 FutureSox.com The Chicago White Sox released Warthogs third baseman Troy Cameron on Thursday. Cameron was signed by the White Sox this offseason after spending the previous season with the Joliet Jackhammers. Cameron was hitting .230 with 0 HR and 6 RBI in 15 games. The White Sox transferred Tommy Nicholson from Charlotte back to Winston Salem. Nicholson was sent to the Knights last Friday, but never played a game. Nicholson was hitting .176 in eight games for the Warthogs. Our Take: Cameron was likely released to open up playing time for Andy Gonzalez and Mike Myers. Gonzalez was recently promoted from Kannapolis and predominantly plays shortstop, although he has played 4 games at 3rd for the Warthogs (compared to 2 at short). Myers also plays shortstop, but can play 3rd. However, neither Gonzalez or Myers will see much time at short, where Pedro Lopez starts. Lopez had predominantly played second base in the organization, but has the tools to play shortstop. Chris Amador is the Hogs starting second baseman, but has struggled. In our opinion, the Hogs infield will soon consist of Gonzalez, Myers, Lopez, and Rogowski.
-
Defensive Efficiency
Soon enough he'll lead the league in steals too
-
Hawk Needs To Relax
Ya, I was pissed too. That was bs, that really hurt the Sox. I like it when Hawk shows a little attitude.
-
Flying Under The Radar
Bears are going to contact him as well. So now him, Couch, and Warner are on their lists and I'm for any one of them.
-
4/29 Game thread
Ya know, I hear, once you go Mac you never go back
-
Defensive Efficiency
Where's Paulie
-
Hawk Needs To Relax
Thats my flaw with Hawk. I realize he needs to stay true to the team and he can't necessarily make too many harsh statements cause it will piss of the players, but at the same time, I'd like to see some unbiased commentary. If he didn't like JM, then he should of said it in the broadcasts (last year) and stuff like that. I doubt it will ever happen cause as an announcer he has little margin of error, but still, I'd like to see hawk get into these guys (if he feels they deserve it) instead of waiting until they are gone to do it.
-
MLB.com message boards keep getting worse & worse
Well the more the merrier here
-
Yours truly makes ESPN!
Badass Mike
-
4/29 Games
Well Winston Salem had won 3 in a row. They are slowly getting headed in the right direction. Awesome the Bmac got the win. Looked like his control was off, 3 walks for him is like 7 walks from a normal person Despite that he still gets the win and only gives up a run on an infield hit.
-
Andy Gonzalez's Promotion Looks Permanent
Ya, thats what I meant
-
Why aren't the Sox on Dirctv tonight
This sucks, can't see the Sox game. Why can't they dump WCIU.
- Soxtalk May Wallpapers
-
Andy Gonzalez's Promotion Looks Permanent
Ya, they recalled Tommy Nicholson from Charlotte as well.
-
Good Story on Mike Morse
Great article. I've always liked Morse and it would be great if he can keep this up and really stand up this year.
-
Pictures, news, rosters...everything Knights
Thats awesome. Welcome aboard
-
Tips for vendors
Never have, but I rarely buy from Vendors. The prices are too damn outrageous as it is (I'm commenting from going to Angel games). I usually go to a place before the game and bring the food into the stadium.
-
Barons Announce 9th Annual Rickwood Classic
Spose they'd let an amateur Jeff Fassero pitch. I think I can still hit 75 or so But assuming I can convince the others, I'm at least stopping by and seeing the Rick
-
Am I late on this?
I'm gonna have to keep my eye out for it. That sounds pretty damn funny.
-
Another Hit Record
The month isn't even over and the site already has 6,205,439 hits. Pretty damn amazing if you ask me. You all rock
-
Anyone else in my situation...
The picture area on the left is an avatar. Go to "My Controls" and hit edit avatar settings. Once in their attach a picture or link to a picture you like and put in the size of the avatar. For a signature, you make a post and attach (use the browse feature) a picture you want as your signature. After making the post go to the picture, right click it and hit properties and copy the url of the picture. Once you do that put in [ IMG]http://[ /IMG] . Ignore the spaces, they are only their so the code shows up. Hope that helps
-
Anyone else in my situation...
First Off Welcome Aboard I'm with ya, WCIU games stink. I got the Xtra Innings package, but WCIU isn't part of the package so unless its carried by another major affiliate, I miss the Sox. It should be better when they form their new station or at least thats what I'm hoping.
-
Barons Announce 9th Annual Rickwood Classic
I'm really mad Rex...for a second I thought that was right about when I'm going to be in Birmingham, but then I realized it was in June and I'll be stuck in Summer School. I figure I'll be out their sometime in mid July. I've heard Rickwood is awesome. One day I'm going to see that park though. I got some pics of it in my baseball stadium book. I thought it was cool how Shoeless Joe moved up from a company team.
-
Submit your questions for Knights players
Thats what I was thinking about...with Alex, u just never know ; He kind of lives in a world of his own....a world full of magic and hams.
-
how long will rowand last at center fielder
Dan, I was more so comparing Rowand's heart and just the way he plays to the way Reed does it. Offensively Reed is superior and defensively I think Rowand is better, however, I think Reed is very good. On the base paths Reed is better, although I have no flaw with Rowand out there. I really don't see whats so bad about Rowand. Whenever he gets consistent playing time he produces. My one big knock on him is he is incredibly in patient. However, I don't ever see Rowand doing better then .280, while I think Reed could hit .320 or .330 (not right away, but eventually).