fathom
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Everything posted by fathom
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
So a guy with strong Sox sources says he loves their chances with Machado, yet people are fixated on if he’s a jerk or not? I get it, WSD isn’t for everyone. But I trust him a hell of a lot more than Nightengale.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
To be fair, he never said it was a baseball announcement. As a matter of fact, when he said announcement and not rumor, I figured it wasn’t a baseball rumor.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
None of those details have been proven false yet though
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Or they didn’t get Manny
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
RIP Mean Gene
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
To me, it all boils down to whether or not they want to trade Andujar. If they do, then none of these other acquisitions matter and Manny will end up at 3rd there.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I’m sure it’s true, but the Yankees would never, ever admit they were out on Manny after they got Tulo. That’s a good way to get your fan base to hate someone.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Something that could be interesting is if Yanks hold off on announcing the Manny deal for a few days (if he signs) to give them more leverage in trading Andujar
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
And then Omar manages the Sox in a year and they bunt 20 times a game vs Cleveland
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Nope, confident comment was from last Red Line podcast
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I’m assuming it’s a different source than the one that said Sox are very, very confident they get one of the two.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Pretty sure the Sox would trade Rodon for Andujar in a heartbeat.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Sounds like he was told he can play SS. Now it’s just a matter of seeing if they get Manny or trade Andujar. This should also reaffirm the reports the Yanks front office isn’t all on board with Manny.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Yeah give him a few years to see if he can become serviceable.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Or maybe they went cheap at SS and shift focus to Harper? That’s what they should do.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I don’t buy the lack of offers yet at all
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Believe so, but he also is a bigger fan of playing time I’m sure
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Exactly, unless Manny is fine playing 3B and Andujar gets flipped. If so, call the Yanks and trade Rodon for Andujar
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I would say I went from 99% certain to 98% with the Tulo news
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Not a single thing. I will be shocked if it’s not the Yankees. I will say that I’m confident Hahn knows either way by now.
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
And absolutely nothing that suggests he’s picking Phillies or WSox
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
Someone will report the Sox are trading Nick Madrigal to the Yankees!
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
I have a hard time believing that if manny was hanging out with judge, only one person reported it
-
Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
If we get past tomorrow without a decision, that will be promising. Seen some smoke here and there that Jan 2nd was when he would announce for Yanks.
-
Senzel/Suarez
And their catcher isn’t bad anyways. If they’re going all in, then get Kluber instead.