Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 11:01 PM) I agree....what do we do? Man I have no idea. It's a good problem though. Maybe teach him 3B if his arm can handle it.
  2. My man crush on Yolmer is fully activated. You guys know I've always been a huge fan. He's always had the glove, now the bat is coming around like it usually did when he had enough experience in the minors.
  3. ya know, it's nights like this where Gregg's "why did we punt" seems almost tangible.
  4. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:28 PM) I think he makes an interesting long reliever. Obviously won't bring back much Holland, Pelf, Migo and Shields are like the four guys you package in the older (and easier) OOTP games where the computer confuses four AAAA guys for one "A" prospect as a solid trade. They fixed that in like OOTP 16 so somehow I think the return in the real world won't be anything either.
  5. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:26 PM) He hasn't drawn a lot of walks this season and OBP is more valuable than SLG. Yea if he starts taking more walks, lookout. I'd love to see him finish like 260/330/550. Pitchers are going to start nibbling if he keeps this up.
  6. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:19 PM) Another cheapie...Holland and Gonzo have been huge disappointments Eh, there's a reason these guys are 4th/5th/6th starters on good teams.
  7. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:17 PM) He is a stroooonnng man! This is a fun team for a rebuild imo.
  8. Davidson is now rocking the hallowed ISO over .300. I love that, one of my favorite stats. A true slugger. Power for days. He also almost has an OPS of 900. Wow.
  9. QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:05 PM) Perhaps after seeing multiple struggling young hitters coming to form you can also find that pitchers too may actually struggle before improving. touche. well said.
  10. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:05 PM) Because of the fact we are not there yet with the 3b prospects being ready I would keep Todd for two years more. I think he and Davidson can alternate between 3b and DH and spell Abreu on occasion. Give Stoddard stability contractwise might help him relax and hit consistently Todd in two years is probably replacement level. No way, get rid of him for whatever you can at the deadline. As for Avi, just when you think he's going to turn back into a pumpkin he comes through with a big 3-4 night or a couple big bombs.
  11. Jose's bat goes through phases of looking very quick and very slow.
  12. You rarely see a MLB player swing at a pitch that awful. That said, Engel isn't really a MLB player.
  13. God the Twins announcers are dumb. I guarantee you Pythag 70 odd games in predicts future record better than actual record. The Hard Ball Times did a study that showed actual record only predicts better after 100 or so games. Run differential is absolutely not worthless. Ask the 2016 Cubs.
  14. QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:38 PM) I can't stand both the catchers. Can't wait for the platoon of Collins and Carson Kelly I like Narvaez. Any catcher that can carry a .350 OBP is OK by me. That said, ideally he's a backup on the next good Sox team. He's like a 1-2 WAR type.
  15. Two lucky breaks for minny. Hard hit balls getting turned into outs.
  16. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:35 PM) BTW, I am loving what we are getting from Davidson. Yea he looks good. We are seeing more guys that can carry a 25-30% strikeout rate and still be productive MLB hitters. Davidson might be one. Why the f*** does Smith get so much playing time over Narvaez? Narvaez' skill set isn't really platoon dependent. He's going to go 1-4 with a walk against L and R pitching most nights.
  17. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:27 PM) Holland has to go. Trade them all! I'm getting bored we need to get Lopez and Rodon up here.
  18. WTF was Holland doing there? It's Mauer bruh.
  19. Jose has actually been playing a decent 1B the last month.
  20. Hanging slider, right down the middle and a whiff. Now that's the Avi we all know. Uhg.
  21. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:16 PM) Oh Hawk... what he do?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.