Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:04 PM) So yes the sox have played less games then everybody else. Sox have 17 games coming into today. Next 2 teams at 19 are cleveland and Baltimore. Sox have 138 hits, cleveland with 149 and Baltimore with 184. Sox have 60 runs, cleveland with 71, and Baltimore with 104. Sox have 58 rbis, cleveland with 69 and Baltimore with 98. The offense has been putrid. Let's not put to fine a point on it.
  2. Just once can we have a guy like "Jose Parades" hitting 405 at the end of April? Sox never find any lightning in a bottle.
  3. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:58 PM) Well, I looked away to get done entering 527 grades and put Sigur Rós on as background music figuring I'd get distracted by baseball. I'm not mad at myself in the least now. LOL, I should try some Enya.
  4. Why does LaRoche never player 1b? I thought it was going to be more of a 50/50 split with Jose. Right now it's like 90% Jose. Makes no sense use the damn roster the right way please.
  5. QUOTE (South Sider @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:53 PM) Jeffs gonna have to pitch a lot of good games for that now inflated ERA to come down to something an ace would have. well he's not an ace so I wouldn't expect that. At this point I just want him to be a solid 3rd starter. Maybe I'm asking too much.
  6. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:50 PM) Guys are too comfortable and have been for awhile now. I agree I posted the video of Adam Eaton talking to RV in spring BP. Eaton was talking to RV like he was his freaking homeboy from the frat. If Eaton was off to the hottest most amazing start it would be "guys play loose for RV". But he's not and right now the narrative is "guys are too comfy, including Eaton". f*** this team right now. Wait 3 days and get blown out. This sucks.
  7. Team looks completely lifeless imo. Mentally out of the game. I really don't think RV ever has his team ready to play. Something needs to change imo if things persist like this into July.
  8. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:46 PM) Ubaldo hasn't looked this good since his Rockies days. The days of "Cy Chen" and corpseball have returned.
  9. QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:45 PM) Sox are 29 in majors in runs with only 60 and that being only 2 more from last. They are last in hits. That's pretty sad last in hits. wow.
  10. QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:38 PM) it's so quiet you can hear Gordon Beckham call Chris Getz 'gay' lol
  11. QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:32 PM) Um Baltimore didn't play the last two days either. they slept in their own beds though. Obvious disadvantage for the visitor.
  12. QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:30 PM) De Aza - always above replacement and as a White Sox cost very little The scapegoat.
  13. This is bulls***. The Sox are completely off their rhythm because of this horse s***.
  14. QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:27 PM) Former high school and professional patient of mine. He was always an OF. The Expos tried to make him a 1b and I think it was Todd Hundley who ran into his wrist and shattered it. I was convinced he would never hit well again. He worked hard and we got him back. Still one of my most shocked recoveries of all time. That's pretty cool. I shocked my surgeon at the 2 week mark from duel patellar tendon ruptures by walking into his office without crutches. Almost 5 months for me now and it's such a slow recovery. Slower than even ACL tears. There are 5-10 cases of dual ruptures every year in the US just my luck I got them both out of the way at the same time. I can jog and s*** now but cutting is still out of the question for another couple months and it will be a year he told me before I fully should start feeling "normal" when playing sports. I got lucky and had a well known ortho surgeon in Seattle do the repairs. He's part of a a team that works with a lot of Seahawks. I've been going balls out in my rehab 5-6 times a week ever since I got injured. Recovery can def be influenced by the athlete's willingness to work in addition to a good surgical repair.
  15. John Danks for Jose Lopez!
  16. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 06:26 PM) It sure looks like it now but it's really a pretty great city. I sold programs at camden one summer during college and stayed just a few blocks from the park. You'd really like it. Just not now! Eh, I've visited and will have to disagree. I've lived in NYC and Seattle and spent quite a bit of time in Chicago. You couldn't pay me enough money to live in Baltimore. I mean, you could, but it would have to be at least double what I make now in Seattle, in a nice city. Baltimore gets a bad rap from the Wire but hell that show was accurate imo. It's not a nice place. I don't even think the Inner Harbor area is that nice frankly. A lot of aggressive panhandling in that area when I was there.
  17. QUOTE (Mike F. @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:56 PM) So is Samardzija or Sale pitching tomorrow? Who is going for the Orioles? Both teams have agreed to draft tmr's starting pitcher from the rock throwers among the rioters. Chicago will have the 1st pick let's hope they get good one.
  18. QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:22 PM) There is a street that runs right along the concourse in the out field. In order to get on the street you have a gate from I think both ends. I know when we went last year you walked into the gate at the one end and was able to walk the street. The street is pretty much part of the stadium. Right. You can literally watch a game (far away but you can see home) from the street. It's crazy but not that surprising that the violence has spread that far into the inner harbor. I stayed around that area back in 2010 and I can't say I'm that surprised. Baltimore is a f***ed up place.
  19. QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:16 PM) Ah, isn't this the same owner that voted to strike when he had the best team in baseball? The ownership group has proven to be baseball first, team concerns second. I'm not surprised at all. And they will rightfully expect the same benefit should it ever be reversed and there was a problem in Chicago. Just a frustrating situation for everyone but especially Sox fans. Sure they get to skip a Noesi start but the long term ramifications (skipping that off day) are worse imo. Team is going to show up in Houston tired as all hell.
  20. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:02 PM) Why not go ahead and play two tomorrow (when the teams have just had two days off) as opposed to playing two on May 28, when the Sox will be in the middle of playing 17 straight days? Because the Sox got bent over by the league and took it.
  21. this is a god damn joke. The whole thing.
  22. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:49 PM) Roch Kubatko @masnRoch Postponed games Monday and today will be made up as part of a single-admission doubleheader on Thursday, May 28, beginning at 4:05 p.m This f***s the Sox. Instead of an off day after getaway day they now have to fly to Baltimore and play a double header before heading to Houston.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.