Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
Man, I can't believe I ever talked myself into the LaRoche signing.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:02 PM) I don't think the problem is so much using him as a reliever as much as it is using him in high pressure situations with runners on base. I think Stone agrees he should be starting innings. Or, you know, after he's PROVEN he can work as a high leverage LOOGY then you put him in. Apparently he's Matt Thornton the way RV uses him. Yea it's the 5th inning but that was a high leverage spot. Frankly Duke would have been better. But you know, relievers have roles I guess god forbid Duke would come in before the 7th.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:01 PM) I think you are totally wrong. He is a starter and right now is the Sox number 3 starter. HE IS NOT A RELIEF PITCHER. Noesi can't pitch out of the bullpen. He might be worse then me as a relief pitcher. Yet he is in the majors Read my other posts. It's not his fault. They are f***ing him up. He should be either in AAA or starting for the Sox. None of this pen bulls***. He has never worked as a reliever it's obviously too much to handle for him and who can blame him. I'm blaming the Sox not Rodon.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
Well I'm going to have a lot of weekend afternoon free this summer it seems. Sigh.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:58 PM) There's no way he can be comfortable warming up as a reliever compared to a starter I know. It's like the dumbest f***ing thing. Just because if worked with Sale doesn't mean it's going to work with Rodon. STOP FORCING A ROUND PEG INTO A SQUARE HOLE. Jesus. Not only are they burning his service time they are putting high stress innings on his arm and he's not working on what he needs to work on against AAA hitters. f*** this man everything this team does is stupid.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
Sacrifice a goat. Or RV please.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
zero f***ing command on his fastball. Right down the middle.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
Rodon quickly realzing the difference between AAA and MLB. With 2 strikes, MLB hitters can foul off 98 mph.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
I'm going to go ahead and predict a wild pitch and/or a walk.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:54 PM) Hate it also. He needs to be starting off innings. I can't believe they are using him this way Punting the year on May 2nd.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
Jesus christ. Every single move backfires with this team.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
total tell by ROdon there he couldn't get the grip in the glove it was obvious to me it was obvious to Mauer.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
I'm glad Rodon was totally ready for high leverage pen usage. He's not. He should be in AAA.
-
5/2 - White Sox vs Twins
LOL apparently Hunter has NEVER EVER missed the cutoff. #hawk
-
Ventura on his job status
QUOTE (buckweaver @ May 2, 2015 -> 11:19 AM) No one said likely. If you prefer to complain ad infinitum...it's your right. But it's May 2 and the team is four games under. A little frustrating, but it doesn't make me want to chuck the season. And for what it's worth, the sarcasm and negativity toward other posters is why more people don't post more often. Toughen up as he correctly noted it's the rare team that turns it around like that. More likely is they just stink. That said, keep posting we need new blood.
-
White Sox at Twins Game Thread 7:10 PM CT
QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:39 PM) Another mental mistake does this staff ever go over what to do. Can you imagine? If I was working for the Sox I would have the film guys go through every single mental mistake and start some sort of fine or punishment. It's awful. I don't think a single player on the roster hasn't made one so far this year.
-
White Sox at Twins Game Thread 7:10 PM CT
QUOTE (Tannerfan @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:38 PM) I'm just spitballing here but what about Ron Washington? He was a passionate manager with a lot of success. I don't hate the guy as a manager but he's also a likely cocaine addict and a bit of a loose cannon with the media. JR would never touch him with a 10 foot pole. I'd prefer the Sox bring in someone other than RV, but I'm not sure who is out there really.
-
Adam Eaton
QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:46 PM) He's not playing the best, and I know I should't get upset, but come on! This thread is way too negative. Two months ago everybody was talking about how good Hahn is for locking him up long term. It's 1/8 of the season. Eaton is the type of guy who seems to take things hard. I mean, he shaved his beard last night. Tell me the mental demons are swimming in his head right now. He'll turn the corner and be back to who we know and love. However for the time being, drop him in the order. Bat him 9 for a few games. Throw Michah or Melky up there. This team WILL BE FINE! Yes, its frustrating, and it seems to happen every year, but we are starting slow once again. Cream rises people. Sale, Shark, Quintana will pitch better. Melky, Eaton, Ramirez, LaRoche, etc. will all hit better. BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT. Watch the Hawks tonight, take your focus away from the Sox, and in two weeks when things are rolling get back into it. I always shave my beard after a breakup so I'm with him! New look new you!
-
Adam Eaton
QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:25 PM) There ya go! I say shake it up with MJ leadoff and Eaton 2nd. Maybe Eaton batting ahead of Abreu will help Eaton out. Micah's long term development is way more important than a few more PA for our most patient hitter in April (Jesus, can't believe I just typed that). Putting him in the top spot just puts way too much pressure on him IMO. On that other hand, putting a rookie up top is exactly the sort of move that might be needed to galvanize this bunch. So it will never happen, that's not RV, don't rock the boat blah blah blah.
-
Adam Eaton
Eaton is in a funk but Jacob May, Thompson and the rest of the AAA and AA outfield can't hold his jock at the moment and probably never will. We need to hope Eaton is a 3 WAR player. Otherwise we're once again f***ed in CF for the next 5-10 years.
-
4/30: White Sox at Twins, no crowd due to Age of Ultron
Over at SSS one guy mentioned that the Twins broadcast crew was making excuses for the Sox talking about the travel and disjointed series with Baltimore. GMAFB. THIS IS THE TWINS FFS. You know things are bad with a club when the 2015 Twins are making excuses for you.
-
Sox road woes
Even better: how are they in the division on the road?
-
4/30: White Sox at Twins, no crowd due to Age of Ultron
QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:53 PM) Better roster, same mistakes. Robin the common element. Plus, you can't fire 25 players.
-
4/30: White Sox at Twins, no crowd due to Age of Ultron
QUOTE (bobryansson @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:57 PM) Have to wake from hibernation to take a nap. The RV jokes have been the best part of this thread by far.
- Sox road woes