Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 07:19 PM) Kendry f***ing Morales, are you s***ting me. Off the end of the bat softly hit right in front of Eaton. Pretty s***ty inning couple of soft hit singles, one good hit, some s***ty umping, and some wildness from Christ leads to 2 runs. The ump really screwed him with that 2-0 call.
  2. so many loopers this team f***ing hits man.
  3. How the f*** do you miss that 2-0 pitch. I mean seriously it was right down the middle belt high.
  4. QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 07:10 PM) I don't know why they ever switched it. A few years ago it was perfect Once Adobe got a hold of it it went back to s***. Flash f***ing sucks I can't wait until HTML5 is the standard.
  5. The Royals have a team BABIP of like .500 right?
  6. QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 08:05 PM) Hopefully mlb.tv won't be too far behind live play today, I think that is wishful thinking though. MLB.tv has been really awful for me this year. Lots of stuttering and this is on different networks as well. Hope it gets better. It's really infiruorating that I can't hard set teh quality. It always tries to go full HD when I don't have the bandwidth and then I get the spinning wheel and it has to rebuffer. If I could just set "med high" like a few years ago it would be perfect in those situations.
  7. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 07:27 PM) I honestly cannot even imagine trying to hit off Chris Sale in 40 degree weather. I mean, you're talking jam shot stingers that last the entire game. I have a feeling he's going to have even more of an advantage tonight. LOL. They should just make the guys do that thing where you spin around with your head on the bat for a minute then try and run to first. It might be easier than hitting Chris today.
  8. It's crazy how poorly compensated the minor league guys are relative to their position in their chosen field of pro baseball. It really takes a love of the game and a helluva competitive nature to keep doing baseball as a job into your mid 20s when your shot at the majors is slim to none. Hell, your shot at anything other than the Independent League is probably slim to none. My cousin played a couple years in the Independent League after a sparkling HS and Juco career but he's a DNR ranger now ffs. The grind got him quick and so did the s*** pay. The groupies aren't that good either apparently. Thanks for the article was a good read.
  9. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 04:38 PM) Jose has become probably THE leader of the team. Which is very good. I agree. I think it's good when your best players are also the leaders.
  10. I honestly cannot even imagine trying to hit off Chris Sale in 40 degree weather. I mean, you're talking jam shot stingers that last the entire game. I have a feeling he's going to have even more of an advantage tonight.
  11. QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 05:53 PM) Wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a 3-game series. Saturday looks raw. what is going on with the weather in the midwest man...snowing in detroit last night and a game time temp tonight in the low 40s again? Just brutal.
  12. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 05:17 PM) Is/will be the biggest game of the first 25% of the season imo. Wouldn't go that far but it's def a big game. It's an opportunity to make up some of the ground lost in the first week.
  13. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 04:20 PM) Four game series. I think it's more of an issue why they're playing down to the Twins....3-3 against the worst team in the AL and 8-1 against the rest of MLB (one loss to OAK). Maybe the same overconfidence that struck down the White Sox against lesser division opponents over the last 10-15 years. 4 game set already with a 2 game set already in Cle? Oh well, at least they aren't playing inter league in April this year like some teams. I think the Royals are a mediocre team that had a hot start. On paper, the Sox have just as much talent, maybe you can say the ridiculous pen KC has is some magic elixir but in a rare moment of agreeance with Dick Allen I will say -- this team got lucky to make the playoffs and they are acting like the 27 Yankees, fans included. The Sox matchup well on paper let's see how it goes.
  14. The Tigers just got swept and the Sox can get within 3.5 games of 1st with a win tonight. This is another big series for the central. With Sale on the mound it's critical to take this first one and at least get 2/3 here. The Royals are a bit of a mess after the Oakland series now is a great time to go for a sweep.
  15. QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 04:04 PM) I'd love to hear your rationale here. Don Cooper's reputation has reached ridiculous levels. If Cooper told the Sox he thought Q had potential and that he was undervalued -- great. But to credit him with all of Q's success is absurd. Cooper has failed dozens of times with reclamation projects, does he take the blame for those? Of course not. He's just a coach. A good one, but a coach.
  16. QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 03:43 PM) Seems like this premise has gained traction here but it's just not true, at least if you believe in PITCHf/x at all. His velocity is down 1 MPH here and there, which is consistent with April trends that we've been aware of for years. I think his fastball command has been poor and at 90-92 mph he needs to be very sharp with it. I think part of the "disbelief" about Q is that he works with very small margins thanks to his velocity and it all seems a little too good to be true that a guy with a solid but unspectacular 3 pitch arsenal really is a top 15 MLB starter. Thing is, without pinpoint command he's probably not. We'll see how it goes but I'm not that worried about him. If he regresses to a solid 3rd starter whatever pick it up elsewhere his contract is still an asset.
  17. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 01:44 PM) When you play in the big leagues regardless if it's your first game or your 100th you need to perform. Rodon didn't. It was a learning experience and hopefully he did just that and does better next time. I think that is the bottom line and no excuses are needed. Rodon will establish himself soon as a plus pitcher. Have to disagree here. You can't expect a guy in his debut to have good command, especially when that's his entire MO -- lack of command. Gotta put guys in a position to succeed. That said, the issue was forced because Rodon was the only lefty available and apparently Duke can only pitch in the 7th, 8th and 9th. I'd ask RV to think outside the box some but that's a bridge too far.
  18. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 11:29 PM) Blessings abound. No "Sox Killer" Jeremy Guthrie in this series and Bruce Chen is presently hanging out with Greg, Bill Self and Ozzie at the Lawrence Applebee's and enjoying some chicken wings w/ honey mustard... Better yet Tigers and Royals both lost tonight. Price got lit up and the Royals fell flat after shooting their wad last series.
  19. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 11:24 PM) Let's not forget Alexei's pretty direct questioning of the decision not to review the Castellanos tag play... And perhaps they can figure out a way, while they're at it, to keep Jose Quintana from being in the bottom 10 in MLB WHIP. they don't have Viciedo to take their frustration out on anymore! Now it's the whole team lol. Good, I prefer fiery players, good fiery players that is.
  20. So this was brought up in the game thread (thanks to whoever mentioned it) but I wanted to explore it a little deeper. Here's some snippets from Jose pregame: Does anyone remember anything from last year where he was as blunt about the team's play needing to change? It's hard to get a gander through his interpreter at what he expressed in Carib style Spanish, he wasn't that direct imo but I don't remember anything similar prior. And of course the great thing about Jose is that he produces on the field on a day he decided to say a little something. Leads by example and maybe now a bit more through words? I'm sure he's a leader for the Latin guys already maybe he can take over from Kong as the team leader. A bit more at the link, anyone got a video of the interview? http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/jose-a...y-approach-game
  21. QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 08:02 PM) I would think that even a selfish player would want to sit vs pitching that makes his stats look that bad. Moreover, he could be a tremendous asset, as a pinch hitter, on those days. Exactly. He's still going to get 500+ PA. Just don't let him get 700+ PA with 200+ against LHP. He's 36 it's the perfect situation let him rest and appear as a deadly PH threat on non start days.
  22. QUOTE (SouthWallace @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 06:41 PM) 13 Hits off Kluber on a cold afternoon. FWIW that is a career high against him. Good job Sox.
  23. QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 04:53 PM) He wasn't too bad, earlier in his career. The last two seasons have been brutal. I posted the stats. It's not surprising if you watch him he has the exact same problem Dunn did against LHP -- his bat isn't quick enough any more to punish bad fastballs so all they see is junk down and fastballs up and outside. If a pitcher does leave a fastball over the play 9/10 they will foul it straight back. LaRoche very much needs a platoon partner and it's too bad Robin doesn't see it that way. Hell, get Davidson up in July if he keeps mashing and let him see some LHP at DH.
  24. QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 05:53 PM) Positives: Shark didn't have his best stuff and he still shut down Cleveland through 6IP. His strand rate should be way high, but he's making the big pitches in the short term. 6 guys with two hits today. That has to be a first for the season. Eaton. When he gets going the offense is going to look very different. 5-12, 2 BB this series. 2/3 against Cleveland when they had the pitching matchup favor them every time out. Dan Jennings has been nails. His ERA would be zero if Alexei/Micah didn't screw up that weird play where Micah in game one. Momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher: Chris Sale. A 14 hit attack mostly against Kluber. I will take that. They hit Carrasco pretty hard too just had some bad BABIP luck and untimely hitting. A positive series for sure now they need to string some wins together and close the gap on the top.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.