Everything posted by Balta1701
-
9/16 White Sox at Twins
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 03:35 PM) C'mon, we need Septimo or Omogrosso for Mauer. Would be pretty hilarious if Veal gives up a homer to Veal if Ventura pulls him to prevent him from facing Mauer for a 3rd time. I agree, Veal hitting a homer off of Veal would be hilarious. Actually sounds delicious too.
-
9/16 White Sox at Twins
Cmon Jake, one more, and don't bleeping let Mauer up. Please tell me there's a lefty up in the bullpen in case Mauer comes up.
-
9/16 White Sox at Twins
Nice pitch to strike out Florimon
-
9/16 White Sox at Twins
QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 03:20 PM) There seemed to be some and still are that zero in on one player and just ride him for all it's worth in a negative manner. It's a shame sometimes to see. CQ is putting up good numbers in San Diego regardless of his physical condition The problem with Quentin is...Quentin had the talent where, by age 27, he ought to be challenging for an MVP every year...and it's only his body that keeps it from happening. Whether that's conditioning or what, he's never gotten to where he should have been. If we'd had the 2008 Carlos Quentin for 2009-2011, Ozzie Guillen would still be managing this team and we'd have won the division at least once, maybe twice more.
-
9/16 White Sox at Twins
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 03:15 PM) If CQ had put up the numbers of Viciedo this year for the Sox, people on here would be burying him. I know, Dayan is young. But he has a lot of improving to do. Most people thought he'd be ready to rake this season after not being rushed. You're right. Getting paid $8 million to do that would be something of a disappointment and you'd probably want to bury a guy for that. I never, ever said he was going to rake this year. I half expected Robin to have him in a platoon situation with Fukudome in April, and I said you had to play him no matter how much he struggled. He's been better than I expected, particularly on defense.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 03:20 PM) How could the KC Chiefs be this bad? It's 35-3 Buffalo and KC drops to 0-2. I know this is the NFL, but the Chiefs' attendance is going to really suck if this continues another week or so. Wow. How can Scott Pioli tie himself to Matt Cassel? I don't watch every Chiefs game religiously but whenever I watch, I tell u he is so average to lousy. I half read this post and just assumed that it had to be the Bills losing 35-3. I have no idea how the Chiefs could be so bad to allow that.
-
9/16 White Sox at Twins
Mauer killing Peavy today
-
9/16 White Sox at Twins
Viciedo didn't square that one up at all, and it bounced off the deep right center wall.
-
US Ambassador to Libya killed
QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 07:22 AM) The bottom line is a bunch of morons murdered innocents over a stupid f***ing movie, because they're hateful pieces if garbage looking for any opportunistic excuse to be exactly that. Who cares about some dumb movie, especially if it was nothing but lies?! It's absurd they find this an excuse enough to kill. People are busy glossing over this and focusing on a terrible film maker as if it's a legitimate excuse to become vile, violent f***sticks in response. The guy is an idiot...and fortunately, he has the right to be (note I didn't use the word unfortunately for a reason), just as we have the right to ignore him for being an ignorant asshat. But again, it doesn't give ANYONE the right to murder. Services as yet another reminder to the world as to why religion, as Christopher Hitchens once said, poisons everything. Is anyone really actually excusing the actual murder?
-
WINNER WINNER!!!
Someone find reed and fire him out a torpedo tube.
-
The Democrat Thread
Couldn't be more accurate.
-
2012 AL Central Catch-All thread
QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 03:08 PM) I dont think he is losing anything. That stadium seems packed. Forbes thinks their revenue lat year was $8 million lower than ours
-
Mustaches
Sales looks better than any I can grow.
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
Great work Matt! Even saved us from using Myers
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
Wow was that Eva huge
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 03:39 PM) Damnit Reed
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 03:39 PM) Damnit Reed
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
Damnit Reed
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
A nice swing there by Adam. Really turned on it and ripped it.
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
Ok, now you can take him out after this inning.
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 02:50 PM) Very friendly call there, me gusta I thought so too...then I saw the computer...and the computer thought it was a strike!
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
That was mean. Holy hell, Pitch trax thought that was a strike!
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 02:45 PM) And let's have him leave the game with a feeling of dominance before he implodes. Let Septimo, Omogrossa, and Thorton finish the no hitter I agree. The best thing for him would be that feeling of dominance that comes from pitching his 2nd no hitter.
-
9/15 White Sox at Twins
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 02:39 PM) Let's keep in mind that this is a minor league caliber Twins team we're facing today. Only a handful of guys in MLB history have >1 no hitter.
-
2012 AL Central Catch-All thread
Royals lost Lorenzo Cain for the season (and for the next series against the Sox).