Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (william_the_8 @ Dec 26, 2017 -> 07:17 AM) Thanks for sharing this. I was struck with the way the real Kemper speaks. Like he's delivering a lecture. Very emotional intonations, words. Amazingly weird. He could have been a perfect actor (in a way he really was) He was hyper aware of people and how they act when he was stalking them. He really was a great actor(as is the guy who played him)
  2. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 02:13 PM) Anyone who says the Bulls front office can't draft is ignorant of every stat out there/article published evaluating drafts. Have they missed, sure, but they have consistently outperformed league peers when it comes to drafting. Lots of historical analysis has been included in past articles highlighting the strength of the Bulls drafting. People can throw out the occasional misses, but in general, they have drafted extremely well. People are just ignorant to how often most teams miss on draft picks. This front office has problems...drafting has been something they have proven (over the long haul) to be very good at. People can rip on Gar/John all the want (and many things they deserve to be ripped for)...but drafting just isn't one of those things. Look, Im not gonna argue with this fantasy of yours, but their drafting has been pretty much trash since Butler. So many absolutely wasted picks and trades.
  3. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 02:03 PM) Yep - Thats right. So many teams/franchises have become great from tanking. The great Sixers team still has injury issues and failed miserably for years (and for as "great" as they are...they are still going to need to land some key free agents to make them great...all that talent and they aren't even putting up that great of a record). I suppose you could just plan on sucking for 20 years until you got really really lucky and finally found a couple transcending players. I vehemently disagree with the notion of tanking. Winning championships is not easy in the NBA. Period. Winning them because you tanked hasn't proven some definitively better plan then trying to always build as good of a team as possible (but with a forward looking vision). You can very quickly turn your franchise into a heaping pile of s***. I actually have a brain though and can use my brain to have an opinion different from what is "trendy" in today's league. I don't want to win because of guys who have no future driving wins, but if we win because Kris Dunn and Lauri and other people who can be part of the core keep winning...fine, I have faith in the Bulls front office at maximizing the value of its draft picks. Now I don't hae faith in them executing the free agent route and landing the star but for either path to succeed, we are going to need to win in free agency. wat
  4. http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Iss...s/Marlins1.aspx? He knew QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 09:55 PM) I'm sure the debt was discussed. But did it necessarily include "we are trading Stanton" "we are trading Ozuna" Or was it more "we are going to follow the White Sox/Houston/Cubs model and trade assets for a rebuild. I don't see how they are doing anything different than other teams like the White sox. Their commodities are different due to the contracts and the fans aren't tolerating it like the sox fans. This is not the white sox/Cubs/Houston model of rebuilding. They aren’t acquiring can’t miss prospects, I don’t even think they have gotten a top 50 prospect yet and have traded two of the best players available this offseason
  5. QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 02:07 PM) Why would Manfred know about the daily operations of one of the owners? It’s not daily operations. It’s the purchase of the team, I’m sure Jeter and associates had to lay out a plan to MLB explaining exactly what they were going to be doing after the purchase to start paying off the debt they just acquired. When you buy a house or a business the banks go through everything and ask how you will pay for things and where the money is coming from. If it was any other team tearing down and rebuilding, yea it would be daily operations. But the ink wasn’t even dry yet and Jeter starts selling off guys for pennies on the dollar and getting players back that certainly aren’t worth anywhere close to the players they were traded for. I’m sure Manfred knew they were gonna tear it down
  6. QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 10:23 PM) LaBatard is another self important, agitator. Nothing to see here. There was plenty to see there, for once I applaud LeBatard for going after Manfred. He was absolutely correct, there was no way that Manfred wasn’t aware that Jeter was going to slash payroll after acquiring the team, and Manfred kept lying about it
  7. This “firing by way of social media post” story is kinda falling apart
  8. QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 05:13 PM) Nazis are unacceptable to 999/1000 people, different case all together. Nazism has no place in a just society. It’s not different at all, it just doesn’t fit your narrative
  9. QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 04:59 PM) I have a problem with this statement. You only represent your company when you are performing your job, at work or a business meeting or whatever. If companies think that every aspect of a person that they hire "represents their values" when not on the job then that is an invasion of privacy and opens up a whole new can of worms. Your job is your means of providing yourself income. It is not your entire existence. The fact that companies may believe this is, again mind control. When you're in your suit handing out your business card, yeah, you're representing your company. When you're at home shooting the s*** with your buddies, you're not representing anyone but yourself. Going online and talking politics isn’t shooting s*** with your buddies. If someone I worked with went home and was a white supremacist on his own time and talked about ethnic cleansing on twitter I wouldn’t be like “OMG THE USA IS FASCIST BECAUSE THAT GUY GOT FIRED AFTER TALKING ABOUT REMOVING ALL PEOPLE OF COLOR FROM THE UNITED STATES”.
  10. QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 04:40 PM) That is a bulls*** excuse authoritarian leaders of whatever organization/government use to wield power and control the masses. It is mind control/brainwashing. The fact that most people actually believe the above post is and indictment on the amount of critical thinking that people use. It is used to bring normalcy to an unjust economic/political system. This is where you are getting s*** all messed up. The government didn’t force ESPN to fire him, nor did they do it to your employer. They did it of their own volition because they didn’t like how their company was being represented.
  11. QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 03:52 PM) I wasn't talking about Finfer's joke directly, but more to the idea that personal politics can cost you your job, if you make it public. I lost a job because I posted my own political views online and because my boss was disagreed with my post he fired me. It had zero to do with whether or not I did my job well, he didn't like that I called out corporate CEOs for lining their pockets instead of paying a living wage to their employees. That kind of behavior is dangerous. I work at a Fortune 500 bank, and we are trained that our online opinions and actions can have consequences at our job, including termination. I’m sorry you feel this is fascist but no company is required to plug their ears and ignore an employees life outside of work. Finfer was clearly representing ESPN on twitter, there was no ifs ands or buts about it.
  12. QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 02:50 PM) We actually stopped midway through the first or second episode to watch part of his interviews. Pretty disturbing stuff. I am looking forward to next season, the finale was good
  13. I dont think Ben Finfer getting fired for making a bad trump joke is going to turn the USA into a fascist dictator government, but thats just me.
  14. QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 01:18 PM) This is inherently wrong. You should be able to voice your private political views, when not at work, without being fearful that you could lose your job. This is thought control to the nth degree. If organizations are so incredibly "image concious" that speaking publicly( whether on social media or calling into a political show on the radio) about politics, when not at work, is such a workplace "no-no" that you can lose your job there is something really really wrong with US corporate culture in general. The ramifications are incredible. The only thing that should matter is whether or not you are doing your job, not political ideology when off the job. I mean, this is your employer saying "shut up and do what you're told, otherwise starve to death" The only thing that should matter is whether or not you do your job. Obviously, extremely hateful ideology is an exception,(think Nazis) but just voicing reasonable political viewpoints on the web and losing your job is a slippery slope that leads to bad places, somewhere that we don't want to go in this country. Twitter isn’t private, and I’m pretty sure Finfers twitter was representative of ESPN in the name. If you want a private political opinion then you should probably have a completely private and anonymous twitter handle
  15. Tommie Harris's career was really ruined by one injury, his hamstring tore off the bone. He never regained the explosion that made him special. Hopefully Kyle Long can get this neck and shoulder issue fixed (i believe the third injury is the hand/fingers that was broken), have extra time to let his ankle heal and come back ready to go next year.
  16. QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 08:22 AM) That explains some of the shoulder issues. The way he just explained it on twitter, the shoulder issue led to the neck issue
  17. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 08:04 AM) I would be shocked if Hillary ran again. I have no interest in backing her as a candidate after it was clear her baggage at least helped Trump become the President. Here's the folks I think will make a legitimate run: Joe Biden Kamala Harris Kirsten Gillibrand Bernie Sanders I'd be happy to support any of the first three, most excited about Biden. Bernie will be 79 years old at the next election, so I sure as hell hope he doesn't run. I also don't want the party divided which of course his candidacy would bring. Biden will be 77-78 in the next election, I wish there was a good younger candidate ?
  18. Kyle Long was in pretty bad shape when they shut him down. He just had neck surgery
  19. QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 06:16 PM) I watch every RedLetterMedia review. They're great. Their reviews of the prequels are legendary. Have we hit the point that people are getting mad at eachother for not liking Star Wars? I’m not mad at you for not liking the movie, I get it. I see your points and just disagree with some. I just feel like you are trying to convince me I don’t like it either.
  20. For some reason Hillary Clinton’s approval rating is a thing right now?
  21. QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 10:00 AM) The wife and I are enjoying Mindhunter, but man is it some dark material. Kind of puts you in a bad mood after watching a couple in a row. There isn’t really anyone to root for. I posted it a few months ago, you should check out this side by side comparison of the actor playing Ed Kemper and the real thing
  22. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 03:01 PM) They did throw it all out as canon though. The only things that were created pre-2014 considered canon are the six saga films, the Clone Wars movie and TV series and a Darth Maul comic. No, there are a bunch of books written by Timothy Zahn that are pretty close to the Ben Solo arc. That’s why me and quin were calling Rey “Jaina Solo”. The destruction of Luke’s Jedi training temple is on point with that TBH I wouldn’t mind if they went back and covered Luke in between RotJ and TFA. They could have brought in Mara Jade Skywalker
  23. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 02:50 PM) There was a lot of really really really terrible stories too. There was some great stuff but also some unbelievably s***ty stuff as well. That makes it really tough to sort through what should be included and what shouldn't. If they want to keep making movies they needed to throw out that stuff. But therein lies the problem, they didn’t throw it out. They kept stuff they liked and then created a problem of story expectations
  24. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 02:27 PM) The thing is the lore and background info really wasn't a big part of the original trilogy either. Those movies were fantastic movies (among my all time favorites) that were incredibly different than what had came before but it isn't like the world building is anything that special in those movies. Instead, you had 30 years of people other than George Lucas world building and providing background info on those characters. I agree these won't have the same magic but that is always going to be the case when you have a long movie series. I think a big problem is that 30 year gap of (what is now) non canon world building that people really liked. I think scrapping most of it was a mistake, there were very good stories in the books and they did justice to the characters as they grew older. Now we have a new canon that has elements of the books, but only fragments like Ben Solo going bad.
  25. Fisher can coach the D if he wants but f*** no he can’t be head coach

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.