Everything posted by Sockin
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Yes he is.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
That’s the worst thing about this. There is no way in hell Jerry would ever fire this guy again. If it goes poorly we are stuck with him.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
- Pro Tony La Russa Hiring Poster Here
I don’t know how you could consider hiring a 76 year old who hasn’t managed the modern game in 9 years an “all in” move.- Pro Tony La Russa Hiring Poster Here
This is the furthest thing from an “all in” move.- Tony La Russa named Manager
I told my almost 70 year old mother that this was about to happen and she legit said “why? he’s too old to manage such a young team.”- Tony La Russa named Manager
Thanks!- Tony La Russa named Manager
Do you have a source on his doubling down? I believe you 100% I just want the source for when/if this gets announced.- Tony La Russa named Manager
If Jerry is dictating the hiring of a manager to his GM, I don’t think he’d give a rats ass about what his players think.- Tony La Russa named Manager
I agree here, something tells me La Russa would not go for bat flips. He’s the poster boy for old school style baseball and it makes me sick thinking of him managing this team.- Tony La Russa named Manager
I absolutely do not think that would be a consideration of his. I don’t get the sense Jerry would care.- Tony La Russa named Manager
Its because the belief that he is being hired based solely because he’s Jerry’s buddy and hasn’t the managed a modern team. It goes against everything the Hahn went out and said when they let go of Renteria. It’s Jerry dictating the team and it’s revolting.- Tony La Russa named Manager
Have to imagine this is him speculating. Can’t see the Sox announcing this without doing due diligence on Hinch, Cora or any coaches they were not able to interview due to the postseason.- Tony La Russa
Thanks for the optimism bucket.- Tony La Russa
- Tony La Russa named Manager
Bernstein this morning focused on this article by Passan in 2016 on La Russa. Say what you will about Bernstein but this does hold weight with someone like Tim on the team and Giolito who is outspoken on his politics. https://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-hypocrisy-of-tony-la-russa-and-the-understandable-fears-of-black-baseball-players-045857175.html- Tony La Russa named Manager
Also I just don’t think Keuchel would be THAT stoked about TLR.- Tony La Russa named Manager
I don’t see Keuchel saying what he said either if he was stoked about TLR and not Hinch.- Tony La Russa named Manager
Judging based on Hahn’s comments and Keuchel’s excitement I would imagine they’ve already “interviewed” him.- Tony La Russa named Manager
If Hahn is strong armed into hiring La Russa he may as well quit.- Tony La Russa named Manager
I think La Russa managing for any point of time would be a detriment to the team both on-the-field and culturally.- Tony La Russa named Manager
I’m sure an old school guy like La Russa would be totally good with Tim bat flipping and being asked to manage lineups based on exit velocities and launch angles.- Tony La Russa named Manager
White Sox: We need to modernize our operation and in-game management with a focus on data and analytics. Also White Sox: Tony La Russa. It’s like they can’t help themselves.- Hinch a leading candidate for Sox mgr job
With so many national media guys mentioning Hinch I really think this is orchestrated to get people ready for them hiring him.- Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
- Pro Tony La Russa Hiring Poster Here
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.