Everything posted by chw42
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2009 -> 08:09 PM) Anyone flipping to watch Strasburg pitch on ESPN Classic? He's going to be a great pitcher, but I forgot how boring college baseball can be. At least the aluminum bat pings will keep you awake.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
I hope that doesn't come back and bite us.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2009 -> 07:51 PM) If Clayton throws 96 mph like it just said on the Royals' TV screen, why aren't we higher on him as a prospect? That's pretty damn fast. He can touch 96. He's usually low 90s though. He wasn't this kind of pitcher back in AAA. He was more of a ground-ball pitcher than a strikeout pitcher. I wonder what happened.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
10 pitch inning, bah.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2009 -> 07:43 PM) Texas might make a run at him to play DH. JD in Texas could mean 2006 numbers.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
There are just some guys the White Sox can't get out. Mark Teahen's one of them.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2009 -> 07:40 PM) He seems slow everywhere. He needs some DH time come next year. That's if he comes back with the option. I don't see why not unless there's better free agents out there in the market that are somehow cheaper.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
In the last two games we've played against these guys, we've scored 11 runs in 11 innings. Pretty good. The pitching just wasn't there in the last game we played against these guys.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
I should have started JD this week in fantasy instead of that fatass Carlos Lee.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
2-out clutch hits. WTF is this?
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
Fields made up for his bad play.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
Clayton didn't look too bad.
-
GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 29, 2009 -> 07:16 PM) grand slam off willis - kitties down 5-0 Dontrelle still sucks.
-
Derrick Rose's High School Grades Were Altered
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:39 PM) If you can't get good enough grades or SATs on our own to get into Memphis, you are dumb. Seriously... Either his brother's stupid and convinced him that Memphis needs good grades to get into or Derrick is actually stupid, stupid.
- Quentin to DL
-
Derrick Rose's High School Grades Were Altered
QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:33 PM) Nice. I gotta say also I'd rather have a dumb kid with a high basketball IQ (Rose) than a smart kid with a low basketball IQ (Tyrus) and this comming from the ultimate Tyrus Thomas fan. And no Derrick Rose isn't dumb.. he is lazy, but not dumb. Very smart kid that just made a dumb decision... to trust his brother.. Tyrus is actually smart? I find that hard to believe.
-
Derrick Rose's High School Grades Were Altered
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:27 PM) I think Luol is a lot smarter than Rose. Remember, while Deng may not appear that smart in interviews based on talking, he isn't a native speaker like Rose. And at Duke, especially under Coach K, you wouldn't be allowed to be a moron like Rose academically. As much as I hate Duke and K, they take academics seriously and Rose could never have dreamed of going to Duke. But as an athlete, you need a lot less merit to get into a school like that. Do you really think that Deng got a high enough score on the SAT to actually get in as a normal applicant? It's pretty damn hard to get into Duke.
-
Derrick Rose's High School Grades Were Altered
QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:28 PM) Heh... You didn't know that Luol Deng has two different sides? There's one that doesn't give a s*** and there's one that plays like an all-star who gets a double-double. Too bad the second side rarely comes out.
-
Derrick Rose's High School Grades Were Altered
QUOTE (lostfan @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:09 PM) Who here is saying that cheating is okay? f***ing hell guys. Saying "I really don't care" or "this isn't as big of a deal as you guys are making it out to be" isn't the same as "cheating is fine by me." The difference is, he plays basketball. If he was a top student who got a free ride because of his grades instead of his hops, I would care a lot more. But that's not the case. And the NBA isn't going to do anything about this, so just let it go.
-
Derrick Rose's High School Grades Were Altered
If Derrick was really that good to begin with, why the hell did he need the grades to get into Memphis? Is Memphis even a good academic school? Dumbass kids get into Duke just based off athleticism. You're telling me that Luol Deng is that much smarter than Derrick Rose? Hell, if anything, he would have made the changes to get into either U of I or Indiana, because those schools are actually good at certain majors.
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2009 -> 05:55 PM) Nobody has mentioned Don Cooper calling Zambrano an asshole and saying that his antics wouldn't be tolerated on the Sox? They probably wouldn't. Ozzie would probably beat Carlos' ass if he did that kind of stuff on the South Side.
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ May 28, 2009 -> 01:37 PM) For some reason, I though Holmes was a Sox fan. Am I mistaken? He is, and that's what kind of pissed me off.
-
White Sox's Ramirez sued for $20M in Dominican
$20 million for damages? What damages? Screw them.
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:13 PM) touching an ump is an automatic suspension, its why Dye is getting two games for his helment bouncing back and getting the ump on accident. With Z being a starting pitcher, I think we are going to see something in the 10-12 game range, when you include the throwing of the ball, the bumping of the ump, and the show in the dugout. And there I was, listening to Murph about how Zambrano shouldn't be suspended because he didn't initiate contact. Bulls***. Somehow, Lawrence Holmes also found it fair to compare Carlos Quentin to Carlos Zambrano. Saying how Quentin injured himself by getting mad. Too bad it was at himself and not at the umpire. He also didn't throw the bat into the crowd and then grab another to whack the s*** out of a cooler. Nice analogy Lawrence.
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:01 PM) The call on Zambrano was the right call. The Umpire in the Lilly outburst graded at a 96 out of a possible 100 score. He missed two strikes, one for each team. These guys are really making asses out of themselves. I will call it the Bradley affect. Totally and he should get suspended. I don't care who bumped who first, thing is, he mocked the home plate umpire, threw the ball almost out of play, and then beat up a Gatorade machine. I honestly don't think the last one matters for the suspension, but I think the first two, along with the bump, should be enough. I'd say 6 games seems about right.