Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chw42

  1. Keuchel has thrown as many balls as strikes.
  2. Yup. Eloy got a few too and swung right through them.
  3. Luis got 2 hanging sliders and missed em both.
  4. I'm hoping we see this guy better the 2nd time around, cause the first time around has not been pretty.
  5. 5-0 now. Of course they can hit Griffin Jax but we can't. Hopefully we can get the magic number down to 6 tonight anyways.
  6. Gosselin is 95th percentile in sprint speed. He can really run and I don't think Yoan realized that.
  7. He even took the time to wind up there. Come on man...get rid of it.
  8. Can't make Dallas get 4 outs in an inning...he already has enough issues getting 3.
  9. Yoan acted like the guy couldn't run...that's such an avoidable mistake.
  10. Yoan really took his time there.
  11. The lack of control is concerning. I'm not sure why you'd be scared to throw Fletcher something in the zone. It's not like he can do much more than hit a single anyways.
  12. I remember seeing Renigfo is the least valuable player in baseball this year. Of course Keuchel gives up a hit to him.
  13. Wow we're swinging right through this guy's fastball.
  14. They're lucky Grandal is that slow.
  15. Oof had him 0-2 and then hit him with a cutter.
  16. Junk might not be junk?
  17. He's had scoreless first innings his last 3 times out. It's the 2nd inning that's kind of snake bitten him.
  18. Hoberg doesn't have a big zone so I don't think Keuchel is gonna get the calls he got his last start in Oakland.
  19. Walsh is one of those guys who's a bad matchup for Keuchel. He's really struggled against lefties this year.
  20. Nice pitches to get Ohtani after going down 3-1.
  21. If that first AB is any indication, I don't think throwing out of the windup is gonna help him. He's lucky Fletcher has no pop.
  22. Keuchel is going back to throwing out of the windup with nobody on. I don't know if it'll help him, but I guess it's worth trying.
  23. He started out fine and was actually pretty good for the first few weeks. Then the Yankees series happened and he just fell off a cliff. At first I thought it was maybe because we were playing good teams for that 2 week stretch, but he really hasn't done much against the Cubs, Pirates, Royals, etc since. I'm not sure what it is with this team and the fascination with hitting ground balls. I'm not sure if it's a Menechino thing or an organizational philosophy thing, but I think it's the wrong thing to be good at in this era of the game. I'm not sure if they tried to get Cesar to change the way he was hitting in Cleveland, but the results sure look like it.
  24. All of this could have been avoided had they just picked up Escobar. Sure he went on the IL once with a leg issue, but I'd rather not have someone for 10 days than deal with a guy hitting .220 with no pop being the starting 2B on a playoff team.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.