Milwaukee signs Eric Thames

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:00 AM)
Dude, you and me both.

Yep.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:00 AM)
Wait, there are two Thames? I honestly just thought it was the one who played for Detroit. Apparently he is 39 already.

Yep. And oddly enough, not related.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
Why would I be trolling? The KBO, while more hitter friendly than MLB, isn't t-ball. He put up MVP numbers there. Comparing him from 5 years ago to now is ridiculous. A 25 year old with no experience and a 30 year old with plenty of experience are completely different entities.

He is worth the $5 million a year gamble and it wouldn't surprise me if he put up really good numbers in Milwaukee. He was the perfect fit for the Sox and they passed on him.

I would not want to sign him to a three year deal at all. Not because of the money, but the years

Meh, while not T-Ball putting up huge Korean league numbers does not impress me when translating that to the major leagues. The pitching staffs are so much deeper and better at the mlb level it's hard to compare MVP numbers there to a solid season here.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
I would not want to sign him to a three year deal at all. Not because of the money, but the years

Meh, while not T-Ball putting up huge Korean league numbers does not impress me when translating that to the major leagues. The pitching staffs are so much deeper and better at the mlb level it's hard to compare MVP numbers there to a solid season here.

When you listen to the interview, it's questionable whether Brewers were even negotiating against other MLB teams or Japanese league teams on his services.

Good for Thames but this is crazy to give him 3 years.