4/18 Games

BlackSox13

3-1 Charlotte led into the bottom of 9th. Burdi gave up 3 a couple days ago and blew the save. Last night he let first 2 batters on. Looked bad. Then he struck out the next 3 hitters for the save. Learning to close.

Edited by MnSoxFan

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 01:38 AM)
I'm not even kidding, I don't know if he has a right-handed hit yet this season.

EDIT:

He is 1 for 12 as a righty, and it was a HR apparently. He is hitting .406 as a lefty.

In 2016, he hit .167 as a righty, and .305 as a lefty.

And odd enough in his first pro year he was much better as a right-handed hitter

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 10:27 AM)
And odd enough in his first pro year he was much better as a right-handed hitter

Pretty strange splits indeed

I think it has to do with the relatively small sample size of minor league at bats that Moncada has had up until this point

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 08:01 PM)
Dunning needs to be challenged.

That's it.

Tmrw we get another Giolito start, hopefully we can see some actual results of the "process."

Dunning has been fantastic so far in the minor leagues

55.2 ip , 37 h, 9 er, 1 hr, 8 bb, 58 k 0.808 WHIP with a 1.46 ERA

Pretty sure everyone would like to see what he can do against better competition at the AA level. I'm not sure high A would even be all that challenging with his advanced control?

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 07:43 PM)
He is so much better than advertised at dealing with the running game it's absurd.

If Collins becomes an above average MLB receiver, or hell even average, the Sox will have twwo recent cases of developing catchers defensively. They also helped Flowers turn into a solid MLB receiver, even if he never really hit enough to be a starter.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)
Video of Moncada's HR. His lefty swing is sooo smooth.

https://twitter.com/KnightsBaseball/status/...483868522512384

I have to say, other then that he's a bit more crouched, his swing from the left side is quite similar in loading, coil and finish to one Ken Griffey Jr. There's a lot of whip action in that bat.