4/30 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 01:52 PM)
Hey Matt or Brian or whoever, is there a reason on why teams are able to run all over Hansen? Is he that slow to the plate or is there something else going on there?

I don't know yet, to be honest, but Rob and I will be hitting Kanny for a bunch of games coming up soon. We will get a look and maybe see if we can spot something. We'll also talk with Zaleski (pitching coach) on that topic while we are down there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 1, 2017 -> 07:58 AM)
I don't know yet, to be honest, but Rob and I will be hitting Kanny for a bunch of games coming up soon. We will get a look and maybe see if we can spot something. We'll also talk with Zaleski (pitching coach) on that topic while we are down there.

Cool. Thanks.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)
John Manuel from BA on H&R today basically said that none of the pitchers the Sox acquired this offseason are starters and none of the top guys are starters other than Spencer Adams, who is a fringe back of rotation guy. He tried to say it in the nicest way possible. Said command/durability/stuff are the reasons. Not what I wanted to hear.

If the Sox truly blew this off season, this franchise is f***ed for a long, long time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
If the Sox truly blew this off season, this franchise is f***ed for a long, long time.

Maybe, maybe not. The Astros didn't get squat from its sell-off.

But the Sox certainly need to draft better.

You do have to dig extra deep on top prospects that teams are willing to deal. Often personality issues, or the teams believe that they are stunted. That's another reason I'm good with non-touted prospects with upside for our second-tier players to trade (like Robertson).

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 1, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
Maybe, maybe not. The Astros didn't get squat from its sell-off.

But the Sox certainly need to draft better.

You do have to dig extra deep on top prospects that teams are willing to deal. Often personality issues, or the teams believe that they are stunted. That's another reason I'm good with non-touted prospects with upside for our second-tier players to trade (like Robertson).

Too early to say, I agree

Giolito has had a tough month, no doubt, but it's far too soon to write him off as a prospect.

Tough for any scout to declare Giolito, Lopez, Fulmer, Hansen, Adams and Kopech as non-starters at this point in their development

Fulmer has shown encouraging signs, especially cutting down on the walks