Minor League News and Notes for 5/22-29

NorthSideSox72

Catch up on the last 8 days' worth of minor league transactions, key stories, affiliate performances and more. Extra day due to the Memorial Day holiday.

Some pretty interesting roster moves, with not only three promotions to the majors, but also some odd multi-level jumps, and Blake Hickman was finally added to an active roster.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 30, 2017 -> 02:18 PM)
Catch up on the last 8 days' worth of minor league transactions, key stories, affiliate performances and more. Extra day due to the Memorial Day holiday.

Some pretty interesting roster moves, with not only three promotions to the majors, but also some odd multi-level jumps, and Blake Hickman was finally added to an active roster.

I found it interesting that Beatty and Valerio both pitched one game for Charlotte in a pinch and both got wins.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 30, 2017 -> 05:40 PM)
Hey guys, do you have any idea what the Sox' plan is for Lopez? I don't think he has much left to learn at AAA and would be best served up in Chicago mid-summer taking his lumps. When is his super 2 deadline, middle of June right?

He is not dominating AAA by any means. Let him stay down.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 30, 2017 -> 11:40 AM)
Hey guys, do you have any idea what the Sox' plan is for Lopez? I don't think he has much left to learn at AAA and would be best served up in Chicago mid-summer taking his lumps. When is his super 2 deadline, middle of June right?

Super 2 is typically the middle of June for someone with no ML service time. You'd have to add on his service time from last year to that middle of june date.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2017 -> 12:16 PM)
Super 2 is typically the middle of June for someone with no ML service time. You'd have to add on his service time from last year to that middle of june date.

Yea he had 44 days service time last year so you're probably talking 1st week of August.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ May 30, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
He is not dominating AAA by any means. Let him stay down.

His issues have mostly been control related. He's striking out a batter per inning. I'm firmly of the believe he'd be better taking his lumps in MLB this summer with Cooper guiding him then sitting in AAA.