Swarzak

BamaDoc

"Arm fatigue" rest 4 days and do extensive video work. Three every other day side sessions with coop (testing the recurrence of fatigue) Cmon I'll right the report here from Alabama. LOL. He does look out of sorts and frustrated on the mound. The problem is on the active roster he needs to pitch hence I thought a quick retool might help get his head cleared and mechanics back on track. I understand you can't disable healthy people but the ten day does make it tempting to do short overhauls if a valid reason can be found.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
Sandoval just hit the DL with an "inner ear infection" there is always some wiggle room with the DL.

Ehh, there's enough side effects of an inner ear infection that it could throw you off. It's possible they're doing it just as a way of getting him off the roster, but you can't necessarily say it is.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 10:08 PM)
This is what regression to the mean looks like.

Pretty much. I mean it would be nice if this was really his ability, but an entire career is usually a much better sign post, versus a couple of month sample size. That is exactly why I am perfectly willing to ship out guys like Swarzak, Kahnle, Avi, etc.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:08 PM)
This is what regression to the mean looks like.

Yep, and this is why, when people start talking about holding Kahnle until next year if we don't get x top-whatever prospects, we must remember that the proper time to sell relievers is when they are demanded.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)
Yep, and this is why, when people start talking about holding Kahnle until next year if we don't get x top-whatever prospects, we must remember that the proper time to sell relievers is when they are demanded.

I feel comfortable that Kahnle is good. I do not feel comfortable that Kahnle is THIS good.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 12:06 PM)

I get it, but it isn't that simple.

Are relievers fickle by nature? For the most part, yes. Does that mean we sell them off at the sign of the first decent offer? Absolutely not!

It's absolutely something that needs to be figured into the risk/reward equation, but that doesn't mean you don't try to extract proper value.