8/1 Game

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 09:49 PM)
Anderson strikes out then stares down the pitcher and acts like he wants to fight while being restrained by Steverson causing both benches and bullpens to clear. Bush league.

Yeah, bush league for sure. I understand Tim is frustrated but it's not Strohman's fault Tim goes all Sammy Sosa for the breaking ball off the plate.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 2, 2017 -> 03:03 AM)
I'd like to see Leury Garcia start at SS for the rest of the year. Let Timmy grow up in AAA for the rest of this season.

Couldn't agree more. Anderson seems defeated on and off the field. He's having worse at bats now than earlier in the year, which is hard to believe is possible. It's just been a lost year and he's definitely gone from a core piece of the rebuild to a huge question mark.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 09:19 PM)
Couldn't agree more. Anderson seems defeated on and off the field. He's having worse at bats now than earlier in the year, which is hard to believe is possible. It's just been a lost year and he's definitely gone from a core piece of the rebuild to a huge question mark.

Always was a big question mark in my opinion he never really showed signs last year of taking a major league approach at the plate.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 2, 2017 -> 04:31 AM)
Leury, Engel, and Yolmer shouldn't have to fight for playing time while Anderson is starting every day.

Theoretically Anderson should be getting every start, but it's painfully obvious a change is needed. With the swings he's taking, I will be pleasantly surprised if he hits in Charlotte. His swing is completely broken, as he can't pull anything with any authority. I can't believe they haven't moved him closer to the plate. Typical great coaching of young Sox hitters

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 10:34 PM)
Theoretically Anderson should be getting every start,

Yeah, in Charlotte. Leury has shown promise and the Sox should see if he can be a productive starting SS. He has the tools and may prove to be the best SS for the Sox future if given the chance. At least he deserves an extended look. Anderson was given his chance and looks like he needs a lot more work on all aspects of his game in the minor leagues.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man