White Sox Winner!

BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)
Giolito pitched very well without his best stuff. Anderson, Avi and Moncada with good days. Lots to be happy about. :gosox1:

I hope its pretty clear by now that Sox wins usually are a result of the young guys doing well. Earlier it was easy to accept losses because there weren't as many young guys around. Now the team is full of them .

Difficult to have your cake and eat it too. Sox losses with youngsters playing well are a bit harder to achieve now.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 05:15 PM)
I hope its pretty clear by now that Sox wins usually are a result of the young guys doing well. Earlier it was easy to accept losses because there weren't as many young guys around. Now the team is full of them .

Difficult to have your cake and eat it too. Sox losses with youngsters playing well are a bit harder to achieve now.

Need to send the entire bullpen to the DL and grab some guys off the street to stop the bleeding. It's going to suck if we end up not even in the top 3 with 95+ losses.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 05:15 PM)

Yep. Lately I've been thinking 2018 will not be a tank year. As players come up and adapt, they will get better and win more games. Next year we will see Kopech, Jimenez and perhaps Collins make their way to the Sox which would be additional boosts to the players that are winning games now. The team should be better next year. If not, something is wrong.

Can we just skip the offseason and fast forward to the 1st week of March please? I'm ready to see what these kids can do over the course of a full season. The way TA, Delmonico, Moncada (at times) and Yolmer have hit over the last month really has me exited. Same with Reylo and Gio on the pitching front.

Middle of July next year Kopech and Eloy will probably both be up. Maybe Gillaspie as well if he's tearing it up or another surprise. The rebuild is going well. If the Sox get the 4th pick instead of the 2nd pick because some kids that are part of the future played well this Sep then so be it.

As mentioned, just don't have James Shields going 7 innings of one run ball in a 2-1 win please.

Anderson, Avi, Abreu (sac fly), Giolito, Moncada. Am I forgetting anybody?

As expected, Moncada and TA with good series off the Royals' horrific staff. TA nearing .260 BA. He's turned his season around and should be vaulting on the lists of baseball's top prospects after fighting thru the personal tragedy.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 05:44 PM)
Can we just skip the offseason and fast forward to the 1st week of March please? I'm ready to see what these kids can do over the course of a full season. The way TA, Delmonico, Moncada (at times) and Yolmer have hit over the last month really has me exited. Same with Reylo and Gio on the pitching front.

Middle of July next year Kopech and Eloy will probably both be up. Maybe Gillaspie as well if he's tearing it up or another surprise. The rebuild is going well. If the Sox get the 4th pick instead of the 2nd pick because some kids that are part of the future played well this Sep then so be it.

As mentioned, just don't have James Shields going 7 innings of one run ball in a 2-1 win please.

My man, you had me at the first sentence. Two things I dislike most about winter 1) cold 2) no baseball.

QUOTE (Tony @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
Avi will be 27 for the 2018 season, is hitting .330 in mid September and has the highest batting average against LHP in MLB.

I think he needs to be put into that group. I'm at the point where I'm going to be mildly upset if Abreu and/or Garcia are dealt for a lackluster package.

.325 but feels like .330 :)

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 05:33 PM)
Need to send the entire bullpen to the DL and grab some guys off the street to stop the bleeding. It's going to suck if we end up not even in the top 3 with 95+ losses.

This entire bullpen IS guys off the street

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)
.325 but feels like .330 :)

What a great season from Avi. I'm at the point where I can see reasons to keep him and reasons to sell high. His 390 BABIP is going to regress, big time. On the other hand, even if you regress his slash line down 60 points, he's still a decent starting RF -- given that he's improved his defense to "tolerable".

Thing that tips it for "sell high" is his health. He's never shown an ability to be a 150+ game a year player. For whatever reason.

If they keep him I won't be mad but IMO they should at least let it be known he's up for bidding.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)
What a great season from Avi. I'm at the point where I can see reasons to keep him and reasons to sell high. His 390 BABIP is going to regress, big time. On the other hand, even if you regress his slash line down 60 points, he's still a decent starting RF -- given that he's improved his defense to "tolerable".

Thing that tips it for "sell high" is his health. He's never shown an ability to be a 150+ game a year player. For whatever reason.

If they keep him I won't be mad but IMO they should at least let it be known he's up for bidding.

Avi is 2nd in the league in infield hits. For a big man who is also not left handed that is truly unreal.His speed has fueled that BABIP and his improved D which all goes back to him losing weight and getting in better shape.