UCLA basketball players arrested in China

greg775

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 12:21 AM)
DON'T HATE PEOPLE FOR BEING DIFFERENT FROM YOU.

You have no empirical proof I hate people different from me. You have one case of me not wanting to eat in the same place as a guy struggling to walk in the place in a dress with high heels on. An instant decision to not do it. How do you know on other occasions, in a better mood, I might want to chat up the person, dine with them? How do you know what charities I support, how I treat homeless, how I engage strangers, how I treat elderly, how I treat youth, how I interact with all? You know none of this yet are convinced I am a monster that hates anybody different from me because of one circumstance.

Or is it that I don't condone protestors shutting down highways because a.) it is dangerous and b.) somebody on that highway could be trying to get to a hospital or save a life in some way? I must hate all the protestors cause I would never do that.

I think it's dangerous you stereotype people off a comment or two on a message board. OK I should be a saint and at every moment of every day be Mother Teresa and go out of my way to speak to all people including the guy in the high heels who probably didn't want to talk to me anyway. I don't go to Subway wanting to meet strangers; that person probably would have been upset as well if approached. I disapprove of your quick conclusions on people's character. I live by the Golden Rule, baby. However I am not perfect.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 26, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)
You have no empirical proof I hate people different from me. You have one case of me not wanting to eat in the same place as a guy struggling to walk in the place in a dress with high heels on. An instant decision to not do it. How do you know on other occasions, in a better mood, I might want to chat up the person, dine with them? How do you know what charities I support, how I treat homeless, how I engage strangers, how I treat elderly, how I treat youth, how I interact with all? You know none of this yet are convinced I am a monster that hates anybody different from me because of one circumstance.

Or is it that I don't condone protestors shutting down highways because a.) it is dangerous and b.) somebody on that highway could be trying to get to a hospital or save a life in some way? I must hate all the protestors cause I would never do that.

I think it's dangerous you stereotype people off a comment or two on a message board. OK I should be a saint and at every moment of every day be Mother Teresa and go out of my way to speak to all people including the guy in the high heels who probably didn't want to talk to me anyway. I don't go to Subway wanting to meet strangers; that person probably would have been upset as well if approached. I disapprove of your quick conclusions on people's character. I live by the Golden Rule, baby. However I am not perfect.

JFC. Go justify being a bigot to someone else, not around me.