UCLA basketball players arrested in China

greg775

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 06:05 PM)
yet you enjoy watching Hannity who supports child molesters.

I never said I enjoy watching Hannity. Quite Frankly I don't watch him. I may have had a comment or two from him on Soxtalk from listening 'briefly' when I'm driving. He comes on after Rush I believe. I actually don't watch much TV at all. I may have watched some more during the election season. I know you won't believe me, but I don't enjoy watching Hannity. I can't say I "enjoy" listening to Rush. I will if I'm driving hit 980 radio to see if he's actually on and not in some commercial break.

I actually don't respect any of the radio guys because of those interpersonal ads they read where they pretend to use the product. Limbaugh will read some commercial pretending to use "MyPillow" or some such item and I find that appalling that these hosts lie just to get the sponsor. Or Rush will say he's using some service to save you millions from the IRS or something. Scams.

Anyhow aren't you all sick of PC? Just cause I don't like the way LaVar Ball looks or sounds on TV doesn't make me evil. I just read a story that said British school teachers have been ordered to not call the girls and boys "girls" or "boys" in grade school. It is not healthy to identify with a gender.

But Sqwert I cannot say I like Hannity. I don't watch his TV show; I catch a few seconds of these guys on radio driving in my car and you all think I'm a Rush/Hannity/Meghan McCain (when she had a show), Herman Edwards fan. I am not. I listen to things sometimes driving when I don't have on the Beatles channel on Sirius or some such channel.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 06:11 PM)
I have to think Trump is trying to distract with this Ball stuff. He could've gone on a tweet-page last week when this actually happened but chose to build it up slowly. Curious at the least.

As far as Ball, I used to hate the guy and his recent CNN interview made me feel differently. The guy is actually intelligent. You'd never know just seeing his one liners quoted on Twitter. Either Chris Cuomo is such an idiot he made Ball look intelligent or Ball is actually intelligent. I think it's more of the latter.

That's the interview that made me cringe. I hate confrontational TV. Annoys me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 01:44 PM)
Anyhow aren't you all sick of PC? Just cause I don't like the way LaVar Ball looks or sounds on TV doesn't make me evil. I just read a story that said British school teachers have been ordered to not call the girls and boys "girls" or "boys" in grade school. It is not healthy to identify with a gender.

When "not being PC" involves defending literal actual child predators and nazis, F*** no. Be a decent human being.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 12:21 PM)
LaVar Ball is incredibly intelligent, at least from a street smart perspective. To build a brand like he has in this sports/digital/political climate is very difficult, and he somehow got the President of the United States involved. He knows EXACTLY what he is doing. He is an incredible showman and hasn't made too many missteps yet. He could make the Ball Family like the Kardashians, basically building a brand from nothing..

Absolutely 100 percent correct. I can't stand the dude but there's no denying any of this.

And I hate to admit this but I found that CNN interview incredibly entertaining.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)
Cmon. Trump is the president. If he said he talked to the Chinese president on the 3's behalf he probably did.

This is hard to argue. Trump has never lied once in his life, you have to take him at his word all the time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 08:07 PM)
When "not being PC" involves defending literal actual child predators and nazis, F*** no. Be a decent human being.

I am a decent human being. As much as people detest me here, I have good values and always 'strive' to do the right thing. I could point out a recent example but I believe we should not do things because we want acclaim or credit but because it's the right thing to do. Just because I have harsh opinions on some matters does not mean I am scum.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 08:11 PM)
And I hate to admit this but I found that CNN interview incredibly entertaining.

You have the right and I'm OK with the fact others liked it. I have different tastes obviously in TV interviews from most.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 12:44 PM)
I can't say I "enjoy" listening to Rush. I will if I'm driving hit 980 radio to see if he's actually on and not in some commercial break.

I listen to things sometimes driving when I don't have on the Beatles channel on Sirius or some such channel.

So you have Sirius with literally 100's of channels to choose from yet to still choose to listen to something that you don't "enjoy"? :huh:

If there is a radio or TV show that I don't enjoy, I simply don't watch/listen to it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 03:16 PM)
I am a decent human being. As much as people detest me here, I have good values and always 'strive' to do the right thing. I could point out a recent example but I believe we should not do things because we want acclaim or credit but because it's the right thing to do. Just because I have harsh opinions on some matters does not mean I am scum.

Saying that you're a decent human being and being a decent human being are two different things. Why is it your job to enforce your gender stereotypes on others? Why is your interpretation of them the obviously correct one? Because something makes you feel icky you call any statement of it "PC and bad!". You pass judgment on people without educating yourself.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 12:11 PM)
I have to think Trump is trying to distract with this Ball stuff. He could've gone on a tweet-page last week when this actually happened but chose to build it up slowly. Curious at the least.

As far as Ball, I used to hate the guy and his recent CNN interview made me feel differently. The guy is actually intelligent. You'd never know just seeing his one liners quoted on Twitter. Either Chris Cuomo is such an idiot he made Ball look intelligent or Ball is actually intelligent. I think it's more of the latter.

Hes arguing publicly with the most powerful man in the world, who is almost universally hated. Its an awesome PR ploy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 01:54 PM)
Hes arguing publicly with the most powerful man in the world, who is almost universally hated. Its an awesome PR ploy.

He's just a bumbling buffoon, like Trump, and he finds himself in positions that get attention. That's all. He's not smart. This isn't pre-planned stuff. He's just a loud mouth. He's also the biggest asshole of assholes. Are we all forgetting that he refused to let his son's team play basketball because a female ref was assigned to the game?

He's an embarrassment to our society and it's an embarrassment that so many people are "entertained" by him.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)
He's just a bumbling buffoon, like Trump, and he finds himself in positions that get attention. That's all. He's not smart. This isn't pre-planned stuff. He's just a loud mouth. He's also the biggest asshole of assholes. Are we all forgetting that he refused to let his son's team play basketball because a female ref was assigned to the game?

He's an embarrassment to our society and it's an embarrassment that so many people are "entertained" by him.

And yet, since he went against Trump, the impression of him got better in a lot of people's eyes. Heel vs heel never works.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 04:38 PM)
And yet, since he went against Trump, the impression of him got better in a lot of people's eyes. Heel vs heel never works.

These 2 are basically the same. Since they hate each other maybe they each hate themselves.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 07:17 PM)
So you have Sirius with literally 100's of channels to choose from yet to still choose to listen to something that you don't "enjoy"? :huh:

If there is a radio or TV show that I don't enjoy, I simply don't watch/listen to it.

Variety. I don't always want Beatles. I don't always want alternative rock or the other Sirius channels I listen to although I will say those comedy channels are pretty damn good as well. I'd listen to Howard but I can't figure out how to add him to my subscription fee.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 07:22 PM)
Saying that you're a decent human being and being a decent human being are two different things. Why is it your job to enforce your gender stereotypes on others? Why is your interpretation of them the obviously correct one? Because something makes you feel icky you call any statement of it "PC and bad!". You pass judgment on people without educating yourself.

Gender stereotypes? Are we going back to me being uncomfortable around the person (male I presume) who stumbled into Subway in high heels right ahead of me? And I elected to not be around the person for a second time? The person (I'm assuming he's male which makes me scum, I know) probably didn't want to be around me, either. Sorry I was honest and said I didn't want to be around that person on that particular occasion. I am sick of PC, yes I am. PC hatred helped get Trump elected BTW but it hasn't changed society. We're still afraid of saying anything lest we offend. Hence the Merry Christmas controversy. As far as passing judgment on people, WTF. The person stumbling into Subway in high heels might be the best person in the world. I don't deny that. That person is likely a better person than me. On that day I didn't want to hang with the person. So I am scum? OK.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)

Jenks is a good to great poster. How can you argue with this post. Jenks is da man.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 07:49 PM)
Gender stereotypes? Are we going back to me being uncomfortable around the person (male I presume) who stumbled into Subway in high heels right ahead of me? And I elected to not be around the person for a second time? The person (I'm assuming he's male which makes me scum, I know) probably didn't want to be around me, either. Sorry I was honest and said I didn't want to be around that person on that particular occasion. I am sick of PC, yes I am. PC hatred helped get Trump elected BTW but it hasn't changed society. We're still afraid of saying anything lest we offend. Hence the Merry Christmas controversy. As far as passing judgment on people, WTF. The person stumbling into Subway in high heels might be the best person in the world. I don't deny that. That person is likely a better person than me. On that day I didn't want to hang with the person. So I am scum? OK.

So yeah, there you go. People are different than you. You judge them poorly for that. I judge you because you feel it appropriate to judge others.

Being "opposed to PC" is, to me, shorthand for you want it to be ok to hate people who are different than you. To declare you're better than them. They should go away because you're normal and you're right. They are the ones who are less than human. They are less than you and don't deserve their right to life. "How dare you make me be PC, I should be able to insult them!!!!" Every single word out of your mouth has confirmed that statement to me.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 12:11 PM)

I totally agree. He's got some street smart marketing acumen. He obviously lucked into this scenario (if that's how one would choose to look into it) but has figured out how to make it a thing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2017 -> 03:45 AM)
So yeah, there you go. People are different than you. You judge them poorly for that. I judge you because you feel it appropriate to judge others.

Being "opposed to PC" is, to me, shorthand for you want it to be ok to hate people who are different than you. To declare you're better than them. They should go away because you're normal and you're right. They are the ones who are less than human. They are less than you and don't deserve their right to life. "How dare you make me be PC, I should be able to insult them!!!!" Every single word out of your mouth has confirmed that statement to me.

Guess what? You are wrong. But I won't block you over it like Tony blocked me. You are just wrong. That is all.