Happiest Moment of 2003 Season

Texsox

What was the happiest moment of 2003?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What was the happiest moment of 2003?

• Opening Day
    • Mid Season Pick ups of Alomar and Everett
    • 1st Place 1st Time
    • Up 2 at Home vs. Twins
    • Loiza wins 20
    • It was all bad
    • Other

That was mine too, but as I recall, PK homered in the bottom of the 11th, I think, and then Frank homered in the bottom of the 12th. And it was the best game I ever saw in person, and I've been going to Sox games since about 1962.

This would be my recollection as well.

I put opening day, my friends and I ditched school for the home opener, and went down to the city then the game. It was sometime in the rain. We were soaked and it was just a fun time. Me and one of my friends got voted down to stay through the two hour rain delay. We ended up climbing fences around the Cell to get to the parking lot. We then ended up talking enough people, more so the kid who was driving, to go back. They had no problem letting us back in. Other kids took train home. It was a little cold though. Loz got his first win in that game. Just one great day.

Too many good ones.

I personally can't decide. There was the 12 game stretch against Minny and Chicago.....that stretch was a stretch of plain and simply beautiful baseball, and I think it is some of the best baseball the Sox played since 2000 in that 7-game roadie against Cleveland and New York, where the Sox went 7-0.

I will not forget Thomas's homer off of Guardado. That was magical. I remember when he hit the ball way deep, the tone of Dick Bremer's voice....I was about ready to cry.