2018 MLB Draft Order

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 12:22 PM)
Can't wait to see the Prospect rankings going into '19 with this ammo

Doubt Jimenez, Kopech, or Robert graduate and should all be Top 10 prospects league-wide

2019 Prospect List should look like:

1. Jimenez...Top bat in baseball, in Opening day 2019 roster discussion

2. Robert...Top 10 prospect in baseball, in Opening day 2019 roster discussion

3. Kopech...One of the best arms in baseball, in Opening day 2019 roster discussion

4. 2018 first rounder

5. Hansen...Ace potential, in Opening day 2019 roster discussion

6. Cease...Takes major leap, should be up at some point in 2019

7. Dunning...Continues dominance, should be up at some point in 2019

8. Collins...Continues to improve, up at some point in '19

9. Basabe...Have a feeling he rounds out the Top 100 a year from now after a monster '18, probably has a 2020 ETA

10. Adolfo...Hits very well in '18 and is borderline Top 100

This doesn't mention Rutherford who I'm not big on for '18 and Burger who was projected to have a big '18 before the injury nor the 2018 second rounder, Sheets, Burdi, etc.

Jesus

Looks like 6 Top 30 guys, and 9 Top 100 guys a year from now

I'd actually be surprised if Kopech doesn't graduate this year, there's also a pretty good chance Jimenez graduates. Going to need a few guys to take a big step forward to keep afloat in the rankings.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 12:22 PM)
Can't wait to see the Prospect rankings going into '19 with this ammo

Doubt Jimenez, Kopech, or Robert graduate and should all be Top 10 prospects league-wide

2019 Prospect List should look like:

1. Jimenez...Top bat in baseball, in Opening day 2019 roster discussion

2. Robert...Top 10 prospect in baseball, in Opening day 2019 roster discussion

3. Kopech...One of the best arms in baseball, in Opening day 2019 roster discussion

4. 2018 first rounder

5. Hansen...Ace potential, in Opening day 2019 roster discussion

6. Cease...Takes major leap, should be up at some point in 2019

7. Dunning...Continues dominance, should be up at some point in 2019

8. Collins...Continues to improve, up at some point in '19

9. Basabe...Have a feeling he rounds out the Top 100 a year from now after a monster '18, probably has a 2020 ETA

10. Adolfo...Hits very well in '18 and is borderline Top 100

This doesn't mention Rutherford who I'm not big on for '18 and Burger who was projected to have a big '18 before the injury nor the 2018 second rounder, Sheets, Burdi, etc.

Jesus

Looks like 6 Top 30 guys, and 9 Top 100 guys a year from now

I’ve got bad news for you, but Kopech & Jimenez will probably not be eligible for these lists next year.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 12:36 PM)
I'd actually be surprised if Kopech doesn't graduate this year, there's also a pretty good chance Jimenez graduates. Going to need a few guys to take a big step forward to keep afloat in the rankings.

Realistically we got to hope that Robert & Hansen can replace Kopech & Jimenez as top 20 guys and that a few others join Dunning as consensus top 100 prospects. Baring a major surprise, our 1st round pick will most definitely be one of those guys. And Cease, Collins, & Rutherford all made at least one top 100 list this year and have the ability to make significant jumps this coming season. After that, there aren’t a ton of guys who realistically have the ability to crack one of these lists. Adolfo, Sheets, maybe Basabe if all goes right. All of those guys are long-shots IMO. The only other guy I’d consider with that type of ceiling would be Curbelo and that’s even more unlikely now that he’s starting the season in rookie ball. I really hope they can find a way to get some talent for Avi & Nate Jones, because the system could definitely some depth.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 12:57 PM)
I think worst case scenario Eloy is up by August and I personally expect him to debut right after the All-Star break assuming he stays healthy & performs as expected.

Worst case scenario? No, worst case is that he is injured or struggles a lot. You mean you'd be surprised if he isn't up by August.

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2018 at 1:36 PM, OmarComing25 said:

Nearly July and Kopech is wildly inconsistent in AAA while Eloy is knocking on the door