Sarah Sanders denied food

greg775

On 6/25/2018 at 3:07 PM, Balta1701 said:

I love how to some people this is no big deal. It's awful that some restaurant owner would cause this stir. Not serving somebody over political affiliation.

14 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Does the team that shames the most public officials get to pick he next SC justice? Does the team who has been shamed the most lose seats in the Senate? 

Im wondering how you think this wins the game. 

Frankly, thus far, yes.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I love how to some people this is no big deal. It's awful that some restaurant owner would cause this stir. Not serving somebody over political affiliation.

You were silent when the exact same thing happened to Joe Biden.  Or maybe I just don't remember you posting about your outrage in here.

Edited by BigSqwert

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I love how to some people having a 2 year old ripped from their parent and thrown in a cage with no contact with their parent is a minor deal while a restaurant refusing service to the people who defended that is a huge outrage. 

Actually no I hate that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I love how to some people having a 2 year old ripped from their parent and thrown in a cage with no contact with their parent is a minor deal while a restaurant refusing service to the people who defended that is a huge outrage. 

Actually no I hate that.

This is not a big deal to Greg but being asked to leave a restaurant is....

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Frankly, thus far, yes.

Not even close to true. Had Democrats voted more in 2016 we wouldnt be having this conversation. Democrats got complacent and lost. Im trying to prevent a similar result by having people focus on how you make actual change, winning elections.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Actually no I hate that.

Maybe instead of attacking Greg you should realize that there are other people who think like Greg. That Greg's response is exactly the type of shit im talking about. Greg has never said he wants immigrants separated and many times has said that he is somewhat on the fence about what he believes. Greg is the type of person you should be trying to get through to.

I guess I think that the Greg's of the world can be reasoned with. That you can show them a better path and some of them will come around. I dont think that bludgeoning him over the head repeatedly will make that happen. But again, I could be wrong.

So instead of trying to make equivalents of 2 different issues, perhaps take the right stand on both issues. I know I know, Republicans are bad bad monsters and that we shouldnt be civil. Guess what, many Republicans think I am a bad bad monster too. Maybe we are all monsters.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Greg, it's a question of degrees.

At worst, it is rude and impolite for a restaurant owner to refuse to serve Sanders because she works for the current administration.  Is this the worst thing that is happening from the Left right now?  If so, let's compare that to (just off the top of my head):

- Reducing access to healthcare for the poor and sick.

- Refusing to hold a vote on confirmation of a Supreme Court Justice because a presidential election was 10 months away.

- Ripping migrant children away from their parents as a way to "deter" illegal immigration.

- Fawning over Kim Jong Un while starting trade wars with allies over "national security."

- Defending white supremacists at Charlottesville.

- Routinely attacking people and businesses with differing political viewpoints from the PRESIDENT'S TWITTER ACCOUNT.

- Continued efforts to make it more difficult for lower income minorities to vote in elections.

I can only speak for myself, but relative to the stuff above, being rude to Sarah Huckabee Sanders is literally no big deal.

• Like 1

I get the whole argument, but an argument could be made Teump has lived his entire life doing this with no consequences. What he and his people do is bully. What deters bullies is fighting back. I understand it isn’t a great look, and understand it sort of normalizes the behavior, but the behavior with complete surrender has also been normalized.

i wouldn’t have refused her service, but can understand why she was.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

You were silent when the exact same thing happened to Joe Biden.  Or maybe I just don't remember you posting about your outrage in here.

You know what? I missed that one. I happen to like Joe Biden. A lot. I'd have voted for him last election for sure. I actually have not revealed my vote on here, but it was not for Mr. Trump.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Actually no I hate that.

Is that a minor deal? I think people are quite outraged. In fact the entire country pretty much forced Trump to sign that law not separating parents from kids. Balta I don't think the example you site is a minor deal or has been considered a minor deal. Anybody that throws a kid in a cage should be thrown in jail and never let out again.

1 hour ago, BigSqwert said:

This is not a big deal to Greg but being asked to leave a restaurant is....

What you cited is a big deal. I'm sorry that I don't freak out equally over all problems/injustices in the USA. I mean if somebody starts a thread on stuff like you cited, I would express disdain/disgust. Do you guys think I'm lying when I say I don't like Trump? Cant quite figure out why nobody believes me. I would do anything personally to save a little kid's life. Little kids are what the world is all about. The only true innocent people.

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

i wouldn’t have refused her service, but can understand why she was.

I keep checking twitter to see if the owner/witch has apologized. What the owner did was really really rude, mean and divisive. It hurt businesses with the same name. It hurt a lot of peeps. And no apology.

57 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Not even close to true. Had Democrats voted more in 2016 we wouldnt be having this conversation. Democrats got complacent and lost. Im trying to prevent a similar result by having people focus on how you make actual change, winning elections.

Maybe instead of attacking Greg you should realize that there are other people who think like Greg. That Greg's response is exactly the type of shit im talking about. Greg has never said he wants immigrants separated and many times has said that he is somewhat on the fence about what he believes. Greg is the type of person you should be trying to get through to.

I guess I think that the Greg's of the world can be reasoned with. That you can show them a better path and some of them will come around. I dont think that bludgeoning him over the head repeatedly will make that happen. But again, I could be wrong.

So instead of trying to make equivalents of 2 different issues, perhaps take the right stand on both issues. I know I know, Republicans are bad bad monsters and that we shouldnt be civil. Guess what, many Republicans think I am a bad bad monster too. Maybe we are all monsters.

Thanks. I think you have me pegged correctly. I have a lot of leftist friends. I get along with them. We don't discuss politics. Quite frankly, if you took me at my word and assumed I'm not lying (which I'm not) you in Greg would see somebody who is a Republican but rarely votes Republican in an election and does not like Trump. I'm very mad at health care right now and like evrerybody else I shake my head at the weekly Trump shenanigans. That's why I'm leaning Bernie right now.

I think a lot of peeps on here are jealous of me because I actually blast my own party as well as the other party. I think I'm as fair in that regard as any poster. Shit, I may be an Independent. I certainly don't agree with the Repubs only supporting the richest of the rich right now. I am as anti 'the man' as any human. How many of you can honestly say you are as open minded in termed of blasting both sides as me?? Be honest. Most of you are very very left and despise anybody who hints as being conservative. You don't know what to do with somebody like Greg.

Edited by greg775

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Is that a minor deal? I think people are quite outraged. In fact the entire country pretty much forced Trump to sign that law not separating parents from kids. Balta I don't think the example you site is a minor deal or has been considered a minor deal. Anybody that throws a kid in a cage should be thrown in jail and never let out again.

Used your language from earlier. You said you "oppose" that but then you added in your usual clause about how you hope that Trump Succeeds regardless of his party. Ripping apart families because they are Mexican is what he wants to succeed at. You then added that failing to serve this person at a restaurant was "Sub-human". So, as far as I can tell, you don't like ripping apart families but want politicians to succeed regardless of party, but don't be mean to them just because they ripped apart families, that is what you describe as "sub-human".

21 hours ago,  greg775 said: 

I said on here I was against the separation of kids from parents. I've said many times I dislike Trump but everybody thinks that's not true. You know, some people can dislike certain members of their own party. Some people can root for government officials to have success no matter the party. Obama wasn't universally praised but I respect the guy and liked him. I dislike Trump; how many times can I say it. I know ... I'm lying. I have some hidden Trump agenda.

Sorry that I feel the doctoring of food is gross and sickens me and makes me think that behavior is sub-human as well.

33 minutes ago, illinilaw08 said:

Greg, it's a question of degrees.

At worst, it is rude and impolite for a restaurant owner to refuse to serve Sanders because she works for the current administration.  Is this the worst thing that is happening from the Left right now?  If so, let's compare that to (just off the top of my head):

- Reducing access to healthcare for the poor and sick.

- Refusing to hold a vote on confirmation of a Supreme Court Justice because a presidential election was 10 months away.

- Ripping migrant children away from their parents as a way to "deter" illegal immigration.

- Fawning over Kim Jong Un while starting trade wars with allies over "national security."

- Defending white supremacists at Charlottesville.

- Routinely attacking people and businesses with differing political viewpoints from the PRESIDENT'S TWITTER ACCOUNT.

- Continued efforts to make it more difficult for lower income minorities to vote in elections.

I can only speak for myself, but relative to the stuff above, being rude to Sarah Huckabee Sanders is literally no big deal.

Good post. I agree all those things you listed are much worse. But why can't I be outraged about Sanders situation as well? I can't argue that Sanders situation is worse than any item on your list. If you guys start threads on those issues I'd be happy to comment and show my disdain.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Used your language from earlier. You said you "oppose" that but then you added in your usual clause about how you hope that Trump Succeeds regardless of his party. Ripping apart families because they are Mexican is what he wants to succeed at. You then added that failing to serve this person at a restaurant was "Sub-human". So, as far as I can tell, you don't like ripping apart families but want politicians to succeed regardless of party, but don't be mean to them just because they ripped apart families, that is what you describe as "sub-human".

21 hours ago,  greg775 said: 

I said on here I was against the separation of kids from parents. I've said many times I dislike Trump but everybody thinks that's not true. You know, some people can dislike certain members of their own party. Some people can root for government officials to have success no matter the party. Obama wasn't universally praised but I respect the guy and liked him. I dislike Trump; how many times can I say it. I know ... I'm lying. I have some hidden Trump agenda.

Sorry that I feel the doctoring of food is gross and sickens me and makes me think that behavior is sub-human as well.

I do hope Trump succeeds because quite frankly I'm a bit selfish. I want my bank account to last until I die. It'd be nice to have some cash in there after I die as well to give some moolah away. I don't think it's healthy to have millions of people in the future on the streets. That's got to be where we're headed when I read nobody has saved for retirement and normal medical bills will send millions onto the streets. It's going to be an ugly world 20 years from now with homeless everywhere, the streets the residence of the elderly.

I told you you defeat me in arguments so I don't know why you continue to try to win them against me. I said I come in second in the arguments. So you post these technicalities. Look, for some reason when I read about spitting in food and putting cheese against ones butt and back on a sandwich of a political foe, I got red-faced, mad and said it was sub-human. I could have said the work of the devil. That's sub human as well as the devil is not human. It just sickens me and makes me think that person who would stick cheese on his butt and feed it to a person is sub human.

The question is why haven't I gone as ballistic over ripping apart kids from their parents? I haven't freaked out so to speak. Well, it's too late to do so. So all I can do is give my position. I am against separating kids from parents. Do I think a person is sub human if they are the one to grab the kid and throw the kid in a cage? Of course. Is Trump himself sub human? I guess I wouldn't argue if you said he was, but at this point in time, I just think of him as a mega rich jerk.

Edited by greg775

24 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I do hope Trump succeeds because quite frankly I'm a bit selfish. I want my bank account to last until I die. It'd be nice to have some cash in there after I die as well to give some moolah away. I don't think it's healthy to have millions of people in the future on the streets. That's got to be where we're headed when I read nobody has saved for retirement and normal medical bills will send millions onto the streets. It's going to be an ugly world 20 years from now with homeless everywhere, the streets the residence of the elderly.

I told you you defeat me in arguments so I don't know why you continue to try to win them against me. I said I come in second in the arguments. So you post these technicalities. Look, for some reason when I read about spitting in food and putting cheese against ones butt and back on a sandwich of a political foe, I got red-faced, mad and said it was sub-human. I could have said the work of the devil. That's sub human as well as the devil is not human. It just sickens me and makes me think that person who would stick cheese on his butt and feed it to a person is sub human.

The question is why haven't I gone as ballistic over ripping apart kids from their parents? I haven't freaked out so to speak. Well, it's too late to do so. So all I can do is give my position. I am against separating kids from parents. Do I think a person is sub human if they are the one to grab the kid and throw the kid in a cage? Of course. Is Trump himself sub human? I guess I wouldn't argue if you said he was, but at this point in time, I just think of him as a mega rich jerk.

Then wouldn’t you consider Papa John initially siding with the NFL owner’s, then flip flopping....and alienating all the “progressive/liberal” customers of his pizza chain an even more egregious offense?  When it cost his company hundreds of millions of dollars and eventually his job?

I think not.  Because it’s a conservative/traditional value.  You’re okay with it, right?   This is the problem you and Rabbit have...you can’t be essentially conservative in the era of Trump and not get lumped together with him and all the bitter accusations (racism, anti-immigrant, anti-gay, intolerant, bullying) that are flying his way.  You also feel that the Left and mainstream media is not being fair to Trump, exactly like we felt the last six years of the Obama administration.   The main difference is Obama was soft and backed down, but Trump is a bully by nature and won’t ever apologize, and always has to protect strength and absolute conviction in his ideas until he changes them and pretends the past never happened (because there is always someone to blame for his mistakes.)

Even voting for Ventura or Obama doesn’t change your core political belief system.  But you keep bringing up Bernie Sanders because you know deep down he really doesn’t have a chance to win in order to seem more reasonable.

Edited by caulfield12

https://therealnews.com/stories/the-billionaire-class-is-not-fit-to-rule-paul-jay

The Billionaire Class Is Simply Not Fit To Rule

http://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2018/06/24/round-rock-dem-candidate-s--doors--campaign-ad-goes-viral

StrangeSox, here is the political ad that wins 23+ Congressional seats for the Dems, it’s a similar strategy to Connor Lamb in western Pennsylvania...the one things that progressives can ventually agree on (Bernie Sanders said it about the abortion or 2nd Amendment litmus tests) is that you have to use the best possible strategy in each race.  Centrists aren’t wanted in CA (except Orange and SD), liberals will fail in the South, etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/politics/steve-king-retweet-nazi-sympathizer/index.html

“It’s the message, not the messenger”...said all Congressman caught accidentally reweeting neo-Nazis, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Franco, etc.   

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Then wouldn’t you consider Papa John initially siding with the NFL owner’s, then flip flopping....and alienating all the “progressive/liberal” customers of his pizza chain an even more egregious offense?  When it cost his company hundreds of millions of dollars and eventually his job?

I think not.  Because it’s a conservative/traditional value.  You’re okay with it, right?   This is the problem you and Rabbit have...you can’t be essentially conservative in the era of Trump and not get lumped together with him and all the bitter accusations (racism, anti-immigrant, anti-gay, intolerant, bullying) that are flying his way.  You also feel that the Left and mainstream media is not being fair to Trump, exactly like we felt the last six years of the Obama administration.   The main difference is Obama was soft and backed down, but Trump is a bully by nature and won’t ever apologize, and always has to protect strength and absolute conviction in his ideas until he changes them and pretends the past never happened (because there is always someone to blame for his mistakes.)

Even voting for Ventura or Obama doesn’t change your core political belief system.  But you keep bringing up Bernie Sanders because you know deep down he really doesn’t have a chance to win in order to seem more reasonable.

Bernie is the only guy willing to make health care free which is what I now want. ... Damn I am not a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. I don't even know the Papa John case specifics. ... Why am I lumped with Trump when I have different opinions on different matters regarding politics. I mean I don't see any democrats on here calling Billy Clinton a jerk like I call Trump. Remember Clinton had the affair with a fricking intern now highlighted with all the me too stuff. (I do like Bill C). How the hell can I get lumped with Trump when I call him a jerk?? I want him impeached but yes I'm selfish. I want $$$$ the rest of my life.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Bernie is the only guy willing to make health care free which is what I now want. ... Damn I am not a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. I don't even know the Papa John case specifics. ... Why am I lumped with Trump when I have different opinions on different matters regarding politics. I mean I don't see any democrats on here calling Billy Clinton a jerk like I call Trump. Remember Clinton had the affair with a fricking intern now highlighted with all the me too stuff. (I do like Bill C). How the hell can I get lumped with Trump when I call him a jerk?? I want him impeached but yes I'm selfish. I want $$$$ the rest of my life.

That’s the main “liberal” position you have, getting lots of free stuff.  Except that’s the exact terminology Republicans will throw at Dems as an insult.  Right out of Rush Limbaugh’s mouth.

If you were forced to choose liberal or conservative, you would choose conservative every time, but then turn around and write “centrist/moderate” wasn’t available as an option, right? 

On 6/24/2018 at 8:25 AM, The Beast said:

I don’t agree that the gay couple or Sanders getting denied service, but if the gay couple lost in court and the baker won, I’m okay if Sanders doesn’t get served and the woman from DHS gets heckled at a Mexican restaurant. It’s the owner’s and customer’s freedom to do what they want.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why do you think Trump is going to make you rich? Unless you already are, he isn’t going to help you. Sure you got a slight tax cut, put you will more than pay for it eventually. 

Increased health care costs/premiums.

More expensive pharmaceuticals.

More expensive gasoline.

More expensive to finance big purchases due to rising interest rates.

More expensive consumer costs due to tariffs.

Even the stock market has fallen almost back to a 10% correction from the all-time high of 26,600 (despite Rabbit claiming to still be up 6-8%).

Recession heading our way in 2019 instead of 2020...US dollar rising makes our exports less and less competitive, costing jobs and lowering GDP.

If Trump wouldn’t have done anything (besides the tax cut/deregulation), we’d be at 3-4% GDP.  Maybe even north of 4% for the first time in ages, but of course Trump can’t leave well enough alone.  So we will end up back in the 2’s again.

I'm out.

Recent incidents of Trump officials being confronted in public for their role in the administration’s separation and imprisonment of immigrant families have driven renewed concern about the lack of civility in U.S. politics. The Onion presents tips for staying civil in a debate about child prisons.

• Avoid unkind generalizations like equating the jailing of ethnic minorities with some malevolent form of fascism.
  • Consider that we all have different perspectives stemming from things like age, ethnicity, or level of racism.
  • Recall that violently rejecting a tyrannical government goes against everything our forefathers believed in.
  • Find common ground by recognizing that some kids are huge assholes.
  • Make sure any protests are peaceful, silent, and completely out of sight of anyone who could actually affect government policy.
  • Give your political opponents the benefit of the doubt by letting this play out for 20 years and seeing if it gets any better on its own.
  • Realize that every pressing social issue is solved through civil discourse if you ignore virtually all of human history.
  • Remind yourself that you’re just two people having a cocktail at the same D.C. party and that politics is a game to you.
  • Avoid painting with a broad brush. Not everyone in favor of zero-tolerance immigration wants to see children in cages—it’s more likely that they just don’t care.

• Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/politics/trump-south-carolina-reporter-acosta/index.html

Kill them with kindness. 

It’s difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It’s a wonder I haven’t abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.

That was said by a girl who was denied refugee status in United States and subsequently was murdered. She never even reached the age of 16.