7/30 Games

SoxAce

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

At what point do they just start intentionally walking him every single time? Not even joking

It will be interesting to see how AAA pitchers adjust to him if he keeps it up. Do we get pitch arounds? Do we start to see that BB rate increase? So far challenging him isn't working at all.

6 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I have no idea why Fangraphs is so down on Cease. How can you possibly conclude that he's a one pitch pitcher? 

I think those guys are overworked or something, because I normally find myself aligned with their views for the most part, but their Sox top prospects list was outdated and quite frankly embarrassing.  Cease has serious fucking helium and all you need to do is watch him pitch to see it.

I don't believe in jinxes, so if Eloy is on the opening day roster in 2019, what do people think he's capable of (assuming no injuries)?

Maybe I'm being conservative, but I went with 170 hits in 600 ABs with 50 BBs. 30 doubles, 3 triples, 25 bombs. Slash of .283/.338/.806. Am I being too mean or too nice?

C'mon folks, I need a prospect to feel good about after the relative failures of Moncada, Anderson, Lopez and Giolito so far.

6 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I don't believe in jinxes, so if Eloy is on the opening day roster in 2019, what do people think he's capable of (assuming no injuries)?

Maybe I'm being conservative, but I went with 170 hits in 600 ABs with 50 BBs. 30 doubles, 3 triples, 25 bombs. Slash of .283/.338/.806. Am I being too mean or too nice?

C'mon folks, I need a prospect to feel good about after the relative failures of Moncada, Anderson, Lopez and Giolito so far.

For his first year I can see that as a realistic projection. I think his current MLB projection is actually around an .830 OPS. 

Just now, SoxAce said:

I guess Kyle Wright wasn't needed against Cease. That guy Franco (although a bit old actually has good peripherals) has a no-no through 6.

Collins looks so overmatched at the plate. It's hard to picture him ever being a competent MLB hitter in terms of average.  

Just now, fathom said:

Collins looks so overmatched at the plate. It's hard to picture him ever being a competent MLB hitter in terms of average.  

I'm more worried about the glove. There is almost no positive reports to it. I'm not sure the bat would play at 1st or DH.

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I'm more worried about the glove. There is almost no positive reports to it. I'm not sure the bat would play at 1st or DH.

Someone in trade winds mentioned if anyone would trade Collins, Rutherford and Adams for Realmuto. I'm sure the Marlins would want way more, but I hope Hahn would say yes before Marlins GM put down the drugs.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Someone in trade winds mentioned if anyone would trade Collins, Rutherford and Adams for Realmuto. I'm sure the Marlins would want way more, but I hope Hahn would say yes before Marlins GM put down the drugs.

Haha no kidding. Also I'm not sure what people see in Adams other than the groundballs.  There is like no swing and miss to his game. I don't think his stuff is even close to playing at the big league level. Rutherford I'm optimistic on though.