remembering Mathew Shepherd

cwsox

In that yesterday we had posts - from one poster - advocating violence against people because they are gay, the remembrance of Mathew Shepherd is very ironic right now. This is an email that I received from another list. It could have been from an Old Catholic Church list, a United Church of Christ list, a Religious Coalition list, or any of the many church and ecumenical lists to which I belong. The stance of the Scriptures is against violence.

Matthew Shepard was savagely beaten five years ago tonight because he was

gay. He died six days later, on 12 October 1998.

At the trial of one of his killers, his father Dennis gave a courtroom

statement that provided a moving denunciation of such violence and that

provided witness to the pricelessness of the life that had been lost. That

moving statement can be found at

Words by Mathew's father at the sentencing of his son's killers

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna post the irony factor about Windsock advocating violence against gays and the Matthew Shepard case yesterday.

It's sick that those two guys pretended to be gay so they go lure them into their truck where they pistol whipped, beat, robbed and then tied him to a fence in sub-zero temperatures where they left him to die.

Windsock, is that what you want to do to gay people?

The only people that would advocate such violence are those that fear their own sexual preference. You know, I used to hate "f**gots," but when it came close to me (a close friend informed me he was/is gay), I sat down with myself and had a heart to heart. What good does it do to hate anyone? It just eats me up and hurts me. It really does no good to hate, especially to advocate violence.

The only people that would advocate such violence are those that fear their own sexual preference. You know, I used to hate "f**gots," but when it came close to me (a close friend informed me he was/is gay), I sat down with myself and had a heart to heart. What good does it do to hate anyone? It just eats me up and hurts me. It really does no good to hate, especially to advocate violence.

Hopefully Roman reads this.

Hopefully Roman reads this.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! WE have already had this discussion. Why the HELL does this mans death count any more than anyone else??????????????????????????????????? Do you think ANY murder is anything less than evil or hate? What about the old lady killed cuz she has money? The man killed cuz hes white? The kid killed cuz to the pedophile, shes pretty? Its absoultely SICKENING to try and make his death anymore important because hes like you...........WOW.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! WE have already had this discussion.  Why the HELL does this mans death count any more than anyone else??????????????????????????????????? Do you think ANY murder is anything less than evil or hate?  What about the old lady killed cuz she has money?  The man killed cuz hes white?  The kid killed cuz to the pedophile, shes pretty?    Its absoultely SICKENING to try and make his death anymore important because hes like you...........WOW.

First of all I'm not gay. Secondly I was referring to mreye's post not to the article.

First of all I'm not gay.  Secondly I was referring to mreye's post not to the article.

I dont care what youre posting about. ITs absolutely amazing to me that gays will use someones death to support their bulls*** agenda. They dont give a f*** about that mans pain and death. They want to use him to make people feel sorry for THEM. Its f***ing pathetic..........

I dont care what youre posting about.  ITs absolutely amazing to me that gays will use someones death to support their bulls*** agenda.  They dont give a f*** about that mans pain and death.  They want to use him to make people feel sorry for THEM.  Its f***ing pathetic..........

If thats what you believe thats fine. But it sounded like you were directing your previous post at me.

If thats what you believe thats fine.  But it sounded like you were directing your previous post at me.

Sorry man, not my intention. My bad........ :bang I just quoted the last post that I read..........

I dont care what youre posting about.  ITs absolutely amazing to me that gays will use someones death to support their bulls*** agenda.  They dont give a f*** about that mans pain and death.  They want to use him to make people feel sorry for THEM.  Its f***ing pathetic..........

Dude, you really don't get it do you?

There may indeed be a tendency to martyr Matthew Shephard in many gay activist groups, but there's also a good reason. This one got publicity, and it happens more than most people would like to know about it.

Knowledge is a weapon.

I think reasoning behind a murder does count for something. If somebody was shot in an argument over money its terrible, but I think it is more terrible when a black man is dragged behind a truck, or in this case a gay guy is beaten to death.

you best be very glad that God is merciful because the hatred that is you will need a very loving God in your time of need

you best be very glad that God is merciful because the hatred that is you will need a very loving God in your time of need

Lets see a coke snorting, ass pounding hypocrite is judging me..............LMAO, YEAH IM CONCERNED........... :rolleyes:

Dude, you really don't get it do you?

There may indeed be a tendency to martyr Matthew Shephard in many gay activist groups, but there's also a good reason. This one got publicity, and it happens more than most people would like to know about it.

Knowledge is a weapon.

I do get it. I get that one death is made to be more important than another, to satisfty an agenda........... :rolleyes:

Bmr:

That's really uncool.

Its truth. If he wants to judge people, he should probably look in the mirror first.

Nobody's attacking your personal life. And far as I know your accusations are as baseless as me saying that you stomp puppies and deform babies. You crossed the line, your ass oughta be banned.

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR!

Bmr:

That's really uncool.

Its truth. If he wants to judge people, he should probably look in the mirror first.

Nobody's attacking your personal life. And far as I know your accusations are as baseless as me saying that you stomp puppies and deform babies. You crossed the line, your ass oughta be banned.

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Its absolute fact. Saying Im lucky god is forgiving and that im hateful isnt attacking me personally? lol funny stuff.............

Bmr:

That's really uncool.

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Its absolute fact.

Wow, then where is the proof that CW snorts coke and has homosexual sex?

Bmr:

That's really uncool.

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Its absolute fact.

Wow, then where is the proof that CW snorts coke and has homosexual sex?

You Know where its at..........figure it out.