Strike zone yesterday.

27 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Why cant the system just tell the ump what to call. Then you keep the ump to call the ball or strike on the field. I mean if you can make the right call you should.

I think we all know eventually it will be a robot zone but there's an "emotional IQ" element in the transition phase we need to be...respectful of?

One of the problems is that the tech is probably still too expensive to try it out in the minors (where problems like hurt ump feelings could be addressed) and you know MLB ain't paying for it in the Indy leagues.

1 hour ago, yesterday333 said:

Why cant the system just tell the ump what to call. Then you keep the ump to call the ball or strike on the field. I mean if you can make the right call you should.

Do you think the Umpire's would approve?  I don't think so.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I actually had the same thought last night.  Ump calls it, but if it's so bad in pitch trax (like missed by a good inch) the ump gets like a little shock and changes the call.  Kidding about the shock part.  Maybe.

I like the shock idea.