Leury Garcia

ron883

On 7/5/2019 at 11:31 AM, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think it’s a unsustainable. If anything is unsustainable it’s him being healthy enough to play everyday. Leury uses the whole field and doesn’t try to do too much. He’s a very legit .280-.290 hitter. 

You may be right about that.  You just don't see those guys too often anymore, and Batting Average is so out of vogue these days, that one forgets that they exist (or used to anyway). Of course no need to trade him anyway unless some crazy offer comes out of the woodwork.

Leury turns 29 next March. He's had a pretty nice run of late. Not trying to be a smart ass, but any realistic thought of adding him to the list of guys that might be flipped? Does anybody need somebody like Leury? he kind of reminds me as a Semien type player, one the Sox fans and brass underrated a bit. He goes away and has had some damn fine seasons of production.

Will there be clamoring to flip Leury? You flip Leury and Colome and either Bummer or Jose, you probably add seven additional prospects to the under 25 prospect list. Add seven more to the prospect depth chart and it probably reduces the chance of busts at any certain position for the WS contending years that are coming in 2021-25.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Leury turns 29 next March. He's had a pretty nice run of late. Not trying to be a smart ass, but any realistic thought of adding him to the list of guys that might be flipped? Does anybody need somebody like Leury? he kind of reminds me as a Semien type player, one the Sox fans and brass underrated a bit. He goes away and has had some damn fine seasons of production.

Will there be clamoring to flip Leury? You flip Leury and Colome and either Bummer or Jose, you probably add seven additional prospects to the under 25 prospect list. Add seven more to the prospect depth chart and it probably reduces the chance of busts at any certain position for the WS contending years that are coming in 2021-25.

I would absolutely trade him in some type of package to get a better prospect.