Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

8 minutes ago, quickman said:

Sorry for the late reply I suppose I was alluding to colome and they also picked up Ian Hamilton. I realize the later needs to prove things but he does have chance to be effective. My main point is they did things pretty quietly and they are still the team to beat. 

Their bullpen is worse with both those guys in it. Colome is going to regress at some point. There's a ton of red flags with him, and teams know that or he would have had more of a market. Hamilton is like you said, a total wildcard. I think the Sox and Twins are much more evenly matched that people realize. Twins are only the team to beat because they won the division last year, but even sports books don't have them as the unanimous favorites after their additions.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:07 AM, fathom said:

Saw a video last night but can’t locate now from Wolfson saying Dodgers are interested in Cruz if DH is around. Also confirmed Sox have considered Cruz and he won’t sign anywhere for a while.

We can only hope the next CWS ownership have LAD deep pockets.  Oh what a refreshing change it would be.  And such an ownership would get rewarded handsomely by the base for their committnent to excellence. 

Reinsdorf believes it's the fans responsibility to make the product better.  You only need to look on the west side to see what blind loyalty brings a fanbase - a 22 year championship drought despite being among the top NBA teams in attendance.

And don't look now folks but we're going on 16 years since the 2005 one-year revival of Damn Yankees.

Reinsdorf is a paper billionaire because of the Bulls, not the Sox. When Balmer grossly overpaid for the Clippers the net worth of the NBA owners took a nice spike upwards.

But even Reinsdorf has to take a back seat to the McCaskeys.  They are the titanuim standard for getting rich off blind loyalty.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Their bullpen is worse with both those guys in it. Colome is going to regress at some point. There's a ton of red flags with him, and teams know that or he would have had more of a market. Hamilton is like you said, a total wildcard. I think the Sox and Twins are much more evenly matched that people realize. Twins are only the team to beat because they won the division last year, but even sports books don't have them as the unanimous favorites after their additions.

LAD is the team to beat.

The goal is a WS championship. 

Edited by GradMc