What do you think?

Flingz

What do you all think our record would be if we played a full season with the roster we finished last season with? Assuming everyone remained healthy for the most part. I say we could win 90ish and more if they play up to their full potential

What do you all think our record would be if we played a full season with the roster we finished last season with?  Assuming everyone remained healthy for the most part.  I say we could win 90ish and more if they play up to their full potential

About the same as this year, if Colon, Schoe, Sully and Buehrle did better

I think a manager can win or lose a team 5-8 games a year.

If we had the same roster, we would win a few more games, but I still don't like the way the team is assembled. Yes, it's a blast to watch balls flying out of the yard, but the problem with a lineup like that is they tend to go into slumps collectively. One guy is in a slump, so the next bopper tries to compensate and goes into a slump, so the next bopper tries to compensate .....

We have too many guys in the lineup that move as fast as a tipped-over stove. I would love to see some speed infused into this lineup. Instead of playing station-to-station baseball, we could have a couple or few guys flying on the basepaths who truly disturb opposing pitchers.

No matter what the lineup looks like - no matter who the manager is - no matter what the record is - JUST GET US INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND ALLOW US TO TELL THE TWINS TO SUCK IT. :snr

I think a manager can win or lose a team 5-8 games a year. 

If we had the same roster, we would win a few more games, but I still don't like the way the team is assembled.  Yes, it's a blast to watch balls flying out of the yard, but the problem with a lineup like that is they tend to go into slumps collectively.  One guy is in a slump, so the next bopper tries to compensate and goes into a slump, so the next bopper tries to compensate .....

We have too many guys in the lineup that move as fast as a tipped-over stove.  I would love to see some speed infused into this lineup.  Instead of playing station-to-station baseball, we could have a couple or few guys flying on the basepaths who truly disturb opposing pitchers. 

No matter what the lineup looks like - no matter who the manager is - no matter what the record is - JUST GET US INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND ALLOW US TO TELL THE TWINS TO SUCK IT. :snr

I agree with pastime on this...

What do you all think our record would be if we played a full season with the roster we finished last season with?  Assuming everyone remained healthy for the most part.  I say we could win 90ish and more if they play up to their full potential

I say 95-100 wins. There is no doubt in my mind that the Sox win a lot of games if they keep that group together all season. Still, while I say that, the team still had the time to get in the playoffs and they didn't, which says something.

Ya Manuel was a bit at fault, but the players deserve the blame too.

Willie Harris will supply that speed next year, if given the chance. And next year, we need a manager who will get the team ready to compete at the opening bell. Manuel did not. And we need a manager who will not stand for half the players on the team going for home runs all the time. I think Robin Yount is that guy.

I say 95-100 wins.  There is no doubt in my mind that the Sox win a lot of games if they keep that group together all season.  Still, while I say that, the team still had the time to get in the playoffs and they didn't, which says something.

Ya Manuel was a bit at fault, but the players deserve the blame too.

I think that's kind of high, Jason...This team has absolutely NO small ball players with the exception of Roberto Alomar. The two biggest problems with this team was the lack of playing small ball, as well as lack of timely hitting (getting those runners in from 2nd or 3rd with less than 2 out). If we could've seen more clutch hitting, maybe they might've been able to reach that...But otherwise, I don't think it would've happened.

Depending on whether or not we got the Buehrle of the first half of the season or the second half of the season and whether or not Flash was closing all season, I'd say we easily win 90 and the division. Too hard to pick a single number of games, but I do believe it would have been over 90.

assuming we had a manager who MADE this team compete against Detroit, Cleveland, Anaheim and Texas and figured out a way to keep them from sleepwalking through EVERY west coast road trip, I'd say 92 wins.

But it's unlikely Loaiza will win 21 or anything close to it again.

And I got a bad feeling Flash ain't gong to be back.

Or everett.

and probably Colon.

assuming we had a manager who MADE this team compete against Detroit, Cleveland, Anaheim and Texas and figured out a way to keep them from sleepwalking through EVERY west coast road trip, I'd say 92 wins.

But it's unlikely Loaiza will win 21 or anything close to it again.

And I got a bad feeling Flash ain't gong to be back.

Or everett.

and probably Colon.

I see Loaiza winning 15 games next year, but you also figure Buehrle will win more games as will Garland.

Flash not returning won't be a huge deal if Marte is our closer. Throw in a healthy Koch and we could get an added boost from him as well.

Everett didn't do much for me. He's a good player, but I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. Can't fault him for busting his ass and playing hard though, which was appreciated by all Sox fans.

The loss of Colon will be the biggest to deal with because it reduces the number of guys who you feel confidenct starting every time out. Right now for us, I feel good when Loaiza, Buehrle and Colon are going. To me, the other positions are crapshoots. Garland can be good or he can be downright horrid. Hopefully he can harness his potential next season and get around 15 wins. The fifth starter is the biggest issue. We got like 4 wins all season from that spot if I am correct (1 from Wright, 1 from Cotts, one from Porzio and one from Stewart). That's gotta change next season.

Hmm, that's a toughie...I suppose we would have more wins..probably enough to overtake the Twins..which we only lost by 4 games..the only problem is we choked against them with our full team...with that, and sucking so bad against the Tigers and 'Toons lost us the division..

Would we have done better against the bad teams with the "new" Sox team? Hard to say, but i would imagine we could have had more wins..at least 90 wins I reckon..