7/11 Games

BamaDoc

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=07/11/2022

Well by my count, yesterday was the first all winning minor league day of the year!  81 games in.  I understand that the primary goal is player development , but can't help but think that fosters individual stats sometimes over doing the little things that win games.  The very same little things many of our big leaguers have failed to do  repeatedly which cost us games.  Anyway, I am happy for the minors sweep!  Mena did great and think Kelley  had best start of his career.  Hopefully, Ellis and heck Neslony get bumped up soon.  They are older and should be given their chance as potential late developers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Well by my count, yesterday was the first all winning minor league day of the year!  81 games in.  I understand that the primary goal is player development , but can't help but think that fosters individual stats sometimes over doing the little things that win games.  The very same little things many of our big leaguers have failed to do  repeatedly which cost us games.  Anyway, I am happy for the minors sweep!  Mena did great and think Kelley  had best start of his career.  Hopefully, Ellis and heck Neslony get bumped up soon.  They are older and should be given their chance as potential late developers.

Rays have one of the best performing farms in terms of winning percentage, so I agree. 

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic

Arnold Prado hit a homer too. 17 Y.O. Hasn't played much so far but in just 11 ABs has had two XBH. That's power that matches his physique of 6'3 200lbs (obviously that is still string bean but for a 17 y.o. that's not bad).

Remember power is pretty muted in DSL, so this will be interesting to watch.

22 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

I think we had a 6-0 day earlier this year not long after the DSL and ACL leagues started. I remember putting out a post on it.

• bmags unpinned this topic
22 hours ago, bmags said:

Arnold Prado hit a homer too. 17 Y.O. Hasn't played much so far but in just 11 ABs has had two XBH. That's power that matches his physique of 6'3 200lbs (obviously that is still string bean but for a 17 y.o. that's not bad).

Remember power is pretty muted in DSL, so this will be interesting to watch.