St. Charles, Mo

Texsox

I stared this because the side conversation was stopped within a locked game thread. 

I'm a road trip guy and make the drive from San Antonio to Chicago a couple times a year. About ten years ago my wife was doing some research and stumbled upon St. Charles, Mo. ( Not the Illinois town that shares a name) it has become a favorite vacation town. 

During the winter holidays it's like stepping into a Dickens' story. Cobblestone streets with one hundred year old, well maintained buildings. One end of the mile or so main street is restaurants, the middle contains shops, and the other end are bars. 

The Missouri River runs about a block away with a rich Lewis and Clark history. An awesome bike trail runs through the town and connects to a long trail. 

@RibbieRubarb@CentralChamps21 @Leonard Zelig

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I stared this because the side conversation was stopped within a locked game thread. 

I'm a road trip guy and make the drive from San Antonio to Chicago a couple times a year. About ten years ago my wife was doing some research and stumbled upon St. Charles, Mo. ( Not the Illinois town that shares a name) it has become a favorite vacation town. 

During the winter holidays it's like stepping into a Dickens' story. Cobblestone streets with one hundred year old, well maintained buildings. One end of the mile or so main street is restaurants, the middle contains shops, and the other end are bars. 

The Missouri River runs about a block away with a rich Lewis and Clark history. An awesome bike trail runs through the town and connects to a long trail. 

@RibbieRubarb@CentralChamps21 @Leonard Zelig

Ok ok...You have piqued my interest as we make this drive once a year too. I am going to check this out.

But from there it's close your eyes and get to Chicago as quick as possible. The giant portrait of Lincoln on that building in Springfield is about the only sight I look forward to. 

• Haha 1

So I mentioned this in the thread where this conversation started but several years ago our family did a long weekend in St. Louis/St. Charles and the one thing I remember about St. Charles was a restaurant we ate at called Quintessential Dining and Nightlife because I thought it was such a cool name.

• Like 1