So I assume Cairo blasted Elvus in the postgame, right?

mmmmmbeeer

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No, I have a much bigger problem with a manager inviting injury upon his players.

No doubt. Intentionally hitting someone anytime for any reason should be eliminated.  I was speaking more about Mercedes' actions.  He could have hit into a ground out and the issue would have been the same.  That was the biggest difference between the two incidences from what the player did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Many disagree, but I still think taking a walk is worse than swinging 3-0 in that situation. Taking a walk is like kicking a field goal when you’re up 55-0.

But to be clear, I’m ok with both (walking and swinging). As I mentioned above, anything should be acceptable when one team chooses to pitch a position player. 

In last night scenario Sox should have tried to get  out of the 8 th ASAP to bring back Cease quickly, not talking walks.

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

A bigger issue was a player with a checkered history of being undisciplined and uncoachable ignoring a take sign at worst or missed it at best. 

Glad Tony was around to teach him discipline. No manager should condone an opposing team hitting their player, especially for something is absurd as "the unwritten rules".

2007 - "This will never happen again".

2020 - "Oops. I did it again".

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

No doubt. Intentionally hitting someone anytime for any reason should be eliminated.  I was speaking more about Mercedes' actions.  He could have hit into a ground out and the issue would have been the same.  That was the biggest difference between the two incidences from what the player did. 

And instead of keeping in the locker room like he feels any criticism of him should be, he went to the media and suggested the Twins target him. Undisciplined indeed.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Glad Tony was around to teach him discipline. No manager should condone an opposing team hitting their player, especially for something is absurd as "the unwritten rules".

2007 - "This will never happen again".

2020 - "Oops. I did it again".

One minor league manager left him behind, couldn't handle him anymore. 

46 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And instead of keeping in the locker room like he feels any criticism of him should be, he went to the media and suggested the Twins target him. Undisciplined indeed.

Again, Tony was 100% wrong. What more would you like me to say? 

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sox should have done the same when news of Tony’s latest known DUI broke.

Hopefully Jerry will leave Tony behind, never to return to 35th and Shields.  

Agreed about leaving him behind. But he was here so I'd like to see him back next opener to collect a WS ring for this season then go away.