Dylan Cease

TaylorStSox

17 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just FYI, Cito Gaston later said that the Blue Jays knew exactly what Jack and Alex were throwing because they were tipping their pitches. 

Something Gene Lamont and the Sox coaching staff never picked up on. In that series the Jays beat Jack and Alex each time while losing every other game to Sox starters not named Jack and Alex.

When I interviewed Jack I asked him about tipping pitches and he said it was possible and he also said the Jays were one of the best teams in the league at stealing and relaying signs.

That makes sense to me, with the way that they almost effortlessly, kept attacking his pitches . Toronto had an amazing top five in the batting order that year, but not that good.

When you consider he is only 26 years and only making $750,000, he is a steal and probably the best pitcher in baseball for that tiny salary.

He also seems to always be healthy and never on the IL...an aberration for any Sox player!

He will be an UFA in 2026. This just might be one of those long term pitchers the Sox would want to lock up, a few years before 2026, I personally don't see him regressing like Kopech or Giolito and only see him getting better.

He's great, no doubt, and has filthy stuff.  But he (as well as most of the White Sox pitching staff) needs to figure out how to become more efficient, and go after hitters with his filthy stuff.  It's so frustrating to watch him get ahead of batters 0-2 or 1-2 and then wind up in full counts and/or walking them, and throwing 70+ pitches before the 4th inning.  He's gone 6 or more innings in only 14 of his 29 starts.  By Comparison, Verlander (yes, he's a freak of nature) has gone 6 or more in 20 of 24 starts, Shane McClanahan 19 of 24, Cole Gerrit 25 of 29, Alek Manoah 22 of 28.  So yes, he's a great pitcher, might even win the Cy Young this year, but in my opinion, he has to improve his approach before he tops the historical charts.