Just say no to Carlos "I'm the Product Here" Correa

caulfield12

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Dansby Swanson is pretty inconsistent, but closer to that second tier price range.

(We would probably get Brandon Crawford two years too late.)

And X.Bogaerts will cost an arm and a leg.

Agreed. Honestly, the only way I see this team competing next year is via trade or just giving two sh*ts about the salary cap and overpaying everyone. They still need two corner OFs, a decision on Abrea/Vaughn/Eloy (who plays DH, who plays 1B and who's left out). They need to get a C who can play. Moncada would be a nice 7th hitter, but I don't know if that's possible on this roster. 

4 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Agreed. Honestly, the only way I see this team competing next year is via trade or just giving two sh*ts about the salary cap and overpaying everyone. They still need two corner OFs, a decision on Abrea/Vaughn/Eloy (who plays DH, who plays 1B and who's left out). They need to get a C who can play. Moncada would be a nice 7th hitter, but I don't know if that's possible on this roster. 

Dylan Cease is worth a LOT more than Clevinger who got CLE Quantrill Naylor O.Miller Hedges Reyes...

Cease can hardly ever get past 5-6 innings.

A great GM makes that kind of a fill out the roster with depth move if they're cornered by payroll constraints.

The only other obvious cuts are Abreu for Vaughn, along with Graveman for Lopez. Or Hendriks for Lopez. 

Then Crochet/Bummer coming back equalizes that loss and then some.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Dylan Cease is worth a LOT more than Clevinger who got CLE Quantrill Naylor O.Miller Hedges Reyes...

Cease can hardly ever get past 5-6 innings.

A great GM makes that kind of a fill out the roster with depth move if they're cornered by payroll constraints.

The only other obvious cuts are Abreu for Vaughn, along with Graveman for Lopez. Or Hendriks for Lopez. 

Then Crochet/Bummer coming back equalizes that loss and then some.

Well, I don't even believe in paying your bullpen much. It's a crap shoot every year. I wouldn't count on Bummer or Crochet along with Graveman, Lopez or Hendriks. Definitely not Kelly either, which is why I hated the move. I think, honestly, the team is two years away from actually competing again and that's if they do a retool.