2022 Final Player Grades

CentralChamps21

7 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, if Jose hasn’t been the leader of this team who is? 

For what it's worth I had a 45 minute discussion yesterday afternoon with a source and one of the questions/issues I asked about was this season and the "leadership" issue. Here was the response:

“The problem with this team is there was no real leadership, nobody to hold guys accountable. No red-asses like the Sox had in the past... Early Wynn, Jim Landis, Carlton Fisk, Jack McDowell, A.J. Pierzynski. Paul Konerko was a quiet guy but when we weren’t doing well he’d get really pissed.  Andrus tried to supply some leadership when he came and Lynn and Giolito tried.”

“I’d come into the locker room after a game and you couldn’t tell if they won or lost, just nothing.”

“You’d go in the locker room and all the Latino guys would be in one place, the whites in another and the African-Americans someplace else.”

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

For what it's worth I had a 45 minute discussion yesterday afternoon with a source and one of the questions/issues I asked about was this season and the "leadership" issue. Here was the response:

“The problem with this team is there was no real leadership, nobody to hold guys accountable. No red-asses like the Sox had in the past... Early Wynn, Jim Landis, Carlton Fisk, Jack McDowell, A.J. Pierzynski. Paul Konerko was a quiet guy but when we weren’t doing well he’d get really pissed.  Andrus tried to supply some leadership when he came and Lynn and Giolito tried.”

“I’d come into the locker room after a game and you couldn’t tell if they won or lost, just nothing.”

“You’d go in the locker room and all the Latino guys would be in one place, the whites in another and the African-Americans someplace else.”

If anything like that has actually happened, I wonder if just changing coaches can fix it.