2023 26-man roster as of TODAY, updated after each transaction

CentralChamps21

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

What do you mean upgrade? They weren’t going to replace him since he’s got guaranteed money for this year. Not going to cut him yet.

Sunk cost.  I'm confident that the Sox have more than 13 pitchers on the 40-man and probably a bunch not on the 40-man  who can pitch to a positive fwar.   Just because he's old doesn't mean that he's an effective pitcher; just because someone's young and non-hyped, doesn't mean that they suck (as Rick Hahn should have learned a decade ago).

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Sunk cost.  I'm confident that the Sox have more than 13 pitchers on the 40-man and probably a bunch not on the 40-man  who can pitch to a positive fwar.   Just because he's old doesn't mean that he's an effective pitcher; just because someone's young and non-hyped, doesn't mean that they suck (as Rick Hahn should have learned a decade ago).

They’re paying him. They’re going to see if he has anything left. Relievers are so volatile. Disagree all you want but that’s what is going to happen.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They’re paying him. They’re going to see if he has anything left. Relievers are so volatile. Disagree all you want but that’s what is going to happen.

It’s almost as if he hasn’t been paying attention to the Sox dearth of pitching in the upper minors…

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm not disagreeing.  I know they're going to keep him. 
 I'm posting what I think should happen. And sure they should look at him; I just doubt he's one of the best 13 out of the spring.

• Haha 1