Wanted: dead or alive

aboz56

I post there (albeit not much any more) and here and I used to post at the 'official' site all with the same name.  I am not sure I understand where the hostility comes from between the two site (I've seen at least a few threads at WSI trashing this site)...anyone know where the hostility came from?  :huh:

Many people who have been banned at WSI have come over here to post, and still hold a grudge against WSI, their mods, or both.

I post there (albeit not much any more) and here and I used to post at the 'official' site all with the same name.  I am not sure I understand where the hostility comes from between the two site (I've seen at least a few threads at WSI trashing this site)...anyone know where the hostility came from?  :huh:

WSI has rules. Some people don't follow rules very well and have a difficult time playing nicely with others. A fight ensues.. names are called.. someone ends up banned. They go to another site and start ranting and raving... bad blood is born.

As opposed to starting a wanted:  dead or alive manhunt for the original poster?  And removing the picture in your signature to boot?

Sorry I even mentioned it.

Man, this guy came out of the woodworks. Probably a WSI poster.

As a matter of fact, I do post at WSI. I stated before I like both sites. I check them both daily and if a thread catches my eye, I'll post an opinion. I happened to come across that picture on the other site and thought I'd inform ABOZ. I didn't realize it would turn into such a big deal. It has, and now I wish I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Calm down Flash, I'll crawl back into the "woodworks" now.

Ahhh don't sweat it. Soon enough heads will return back to their normal size and this place will be fun again. :cheers

Thanks Steff. I don't really know what happened around here, nor do I want to know, but I was gone for about a week and finally checked the site and could tell there was some sort of change, attitudes flying, people getting banned, etc.

they have penis envy...

THEY do ????

Thanks Steff.  I don't really know what happened around here, nor do I want to know, but I was gone for about a week and finally checked the site and could tell there was some sort of change, attitudes flying, people getting banned, etc.

You really don't want to know the whole story, but it basically came down to people making very personal accusations against another poster and it kind of just got way out of hand. People right now are just a little touchy about things.

Calm down Flash, I'll crawl back into the "woodworks" now.

I was never really agitated in the first place. What I meant by coming out of the woodworks is that you had an average of 1 post per day but seemed to appear out of nowhere to comment on Aboiz.

Normally I always see the same people posting and with the low post total and the topic generating on WSI all I said was that you probably were from WSI.

I followed the rules and I still got banned because George is a cocksucker.

George isn't my favorite person either. He's why I don't post there much anymore (no where near what I used to post). I was sick of being called an idiot because I disagreed with him on certain topics.

George isn't my favorite person either.  He's why I don't post there much anymore (no where near what I used to post).  I was sick of being called an idiot because I disagreed with him on certain topics.

Disagree with him on any subject, and he'll call you an idiot, either directly or indirectly; or he'll get one of his buddies to do it for him.

I followed the rules and I still got banned because George is a cocksucker.

:lolhitting Im sure if I would of made that comment some posters would of quoted me and replied with a blinding array of :fyou :bang :nono.

And because Im at school I can access WSI and steal their main logo again.

historybann.jpg

historybann.jpg

Disagree with him on any subject, and he'll call you an idiot, either directly or indirectly; or he'll get one of his buddies to do it for him.

I agree with him on very little, and tell him so. Perhaps it's in your delivery... :huh:

Soxtalk and WSI ..... the internet geek version of the Crips and Bloods.

I thought it was more like Sharks vs Jets

RIFF: (Spoken) Against the Sharks we need every man we got.

ACTION: (Spoken) Tony don't belong any more.

RIFF: Cut it, Action boy. I and Tony started the Jets.

ACTION: Well, he acts like he don't wanna belong.

BABY JOHN: Who wouldn't wanna belong to the Jets!

ACTION: Tony ain't been with us for over a month.

SNOWBOY: What about the day we clobbered the Emeralds?

A-RAB: Which we couldn't have done without Tony.

BABY JOHN: He saved my ever-lovin' neck!

RIFF: Right! He's always come through for us and he will now.

[sings]

When you're a Jet,

You're a Jet all the way

From your first cigarette

To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Jet,

If the spit hits the fan,

You got brothers around,

You're a family man!

You're never alone,

You're never disconnected!

You're home with your own:

When company's expected,

You're well protected!

Then you are set

With a capital J,

Which you'll never forget

Till they cart you away.

When you're a Jet,

You stay a Jet!

[spoken]

I know Tony like I know me. I guarantee you can count him in.

ACTION: In, out, let's get crackin'.

A-RAB: Where you gonna find Bernardo?

RIFF: At the dance tonight at the gym.

BIG DEAL: But the gym's neutral territory.

RIFF: [innocently]

I'm gonna make nice there! I'm only gonna challenge him.

A-RAB: Great, Daddy-O!

RIFF: So everybody dress up sweet and sharp.

ALL [sing]

Oh, when the Jets fall in at the cornball dance,

We'll be the sweetest dressin' gang in pants!

And when the chicks dig us in our Jet black ties,

They're gonna flip, gonna flop, gonna drop like flies!

RIFF: [spoken] Hey. Cool. Easy. Sweet. Meet Tony and me at ten. And walk tall!

A-RAB: We always walk tall!

BABY JOHN: We're Jets!

ACTION: The greatest!

ACTION and BABY JOHN [sing]

When you're a Jet,

You're the top cat in town,

You're the gold medal kid

With the heavyweight crown!

A-RAB, ACTION, BIG DEAL

When you're a Jet,

You're the swingin'est thing:

Little boy, you're a man;

Little man, you're a king!

ALL

The Jets are in gear,

Our cylinders are clickin'!

The Sharks'll steer clear

'Cause ev'ry Puerto Rican's a lousy chicken!

Here come the Jets

Like a bat out of hell.

Someone gets in our way,

Someone don't feel so well!

Here come the Jets:

Little world, step aside!

Better go underground,

Better run, better hide!

We're drawin' the line,

So keep your noses hidden!

We're hangin' a sign,

Says "Visitors forbidden"

And we ain't kiddin'!

Here come the Jets,

Yeah! And we're gonna beat

Ev'ry last buggin' gang

On the whole buggin' street!

On the whole!

Ever!

Mother!

Lovin'!

Street!

Yeah!

I agree with him on very little, and tell him so. Perhaps it's in your delivery... :huh:

Steff, I don't think delivery has much to do with it. I am very cautious about how I state things, especially there, and I still get called an idiot, or some other demoralizing adjective, when I disagree.

Steff, I don't think delivery has much to do with it.  I am very cautious about how I state things, especially there, and I still get called an idiot, or some other demoralizing adjective, when I disagree.

Not that it matters since you don't post there much anymore, but call him out on it if the situation ever comes up again. I've gotten into it with a few people over there. A PM usually resolves things.

I was never really agitated in the first place.  What I meant by coming out of the woodworks is that you had an average of 1 post per day but seemed to appear out of nowhere to comment on Aboiz. 

Normally I always see the same people posting and with the low post total and the topic generating on WSI all I said was that you probably were from WSI.

If you go back and check the thread in which I mentioned the "loser" logo, ABOZ was asking about what happened to Doug Laumann and I happened to have the link to Baseball America. And as far as the low post total goes, people prove it here on a daily basis, that post quantity, does not necessarily translate into post quality. Post as often as you like, but it doesn't mean you know any more or any less than the next guy. Whatever makes you happy though.

Not that it matters since you don't post there much anymore, but call him out on it if the situation ever comes up again. I've gotten into it with a few people over there. A PM usually resolves things.

I called him out on it. Well actually, Nellie did. He said something along the lines of "No matter what I say, it's just going to be picked apart and my words will be twisted around so I give up."

I said something like, "You're not the only one around here that feels that way."

No name-calling, nothing derogatory or anything and it was what got me banned.

I called him out on it. Well actually, Nellie did. He said something along the lines of "No matter what I say, it's just going to be picked apart and my words will be twisted around so I give up."

I said something like, "You're not the only one around here that feels that way."

No name-calling, nothing derogatory or anything and it was what got me banned.

Spiff.. I don't know what to tell you. But you don't seem to mind not posting there so no big deal I guess.

I thought it was more like Sharks vs Jets

I thought it was more like Dumb and Dumber. <_>

Let's leave the playground stuff to the toddlers. If you don't like one or the other boards, just don't go there anymore. As for the infighting, life's too short for pointless bickering with strangers on a message board. This is supposed to be an atmosphere where we can escape the bulls*** of everyday life. And for you younger posters, believe me, there is going to be more important things in your life to get pissed off about than wasting your negative energy on an interent message board.

post-2-1067290228.jpg

A poster put this in a thread that I started on the pale hose board and said someone from another board put it up.

Probably someone pissed for the WSI image bashing.

Anyhow, I'm curious to see who it was, so anyone with information leading to the identification of the originator of this image, please provide.

That's truly hilarious. Not to be a dick Aboz, you seem like a pretty cool cat, but I always thought it was pretty corny to have a picture of yourself as an avatar and the fact that something that I already found to be corny was included in a bad joke just makes the picture that much funnier.

post-2-1067290228.jpg

A poster put this in a thread that I started on the pale hose board and said someone from another board put it up.

Probably someone pissed for the WSI image bashing.

Anyhow, I'm curious to see who it was, so anyone with information leading to the identification of the originator of this image, please provide.

That's truly hilarious. Not to be a dick Aboz, you seem like a pretty cool cat, but I always thought it was pretty corny to have a picture of yourself as an avatar and the fact that something that I already found to be corny was included in a bad joke just makes the picture that much funnier.

What's corny about it?

That I'm not scared to show my face?

Anyhow, I actually found it humorous as well that someone would take criticism of a logo and turn it into a signature and place my picture in it.

But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Life goes on.

WSI has rules. Some people don't follow rules very well and have a difficult time playing nicely with others. A fight ensues.. names are called.. someone ends up banned. They go to another site and start ranting and raving... bad blood is born.

Steff, all due respect but that is th biggest load of buffalo dung I've ever smelled. Sure people have been banned there because they get out of hand but plenty of people have been banned there simply because the mods and powers that be decided they wanted to, nothing more. Still pleny of other people like me left of their own free will because of the pompous boys club atmosphere that is perpetuated over there.

Steff, all due respect but that is th biggest load of buffalo dung I've ever smelled.  Sure people have been banned there because they get out of hand but plenty of people have been banned there simply because the mods and powers that be decided they wanted to, nothing more.  Still pleny of other people like me left of their own free will because of the pompous boys club atmosphere that is perpetuated over there.

When I go back to school tomorrow I'll try to search WSI for the thread that got me banned. It proves the point your trying to make marte....that even comments not intended as foul of offensive towards others can get you banned. Many here have repeated this complaint with WSI.

For anyone who was banned they can relate to how angry it can make you. Even though its just a website its unfair to be indefinately blocked access to a message board because I disagreed with a moderator. I only had 2 damn posts before I was kicked out, had no time to ask for mercy or even argue my point. Before that moment I never made one hated comment towards the almighty WSI.

Steff, all due respect but that is th biggest load of buffalo dung I've ever smelled.  Sure people have been banned there because they get out of hand but plenty of people have been banned there simply because the mods and powers that be decided they wanted to, nothing more.  Still pleny of other people like me left of their own free will because of the pompous boys club atmosphere that is perpetuated over there.

BJ.. I'm not saying that some of them AREN'T childish... but most of the time when it's taken to PM's, things get resolved. Again, I've had many disagreements there, and when I take it off the board they've been resolved. I dont' play into the boys club BS. I tell it like it is, and HONESTLY. If they don't like it.. oh well. Just my experience though.

And again... what's with all this respect..? :huh:

;)