Holmes wonders about JR's "desire"...

Lip Man 1

47 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Compared to last year there is reason to be optimistic.

But to me, MAYBE getting back to where the team should have been 12 months ago is not a reason for optimism. I'll cheer loud and proud here in Detroit, but I'm by no means optimistic.

To me it's simple. They need multiple guys to have career years or at least play the most games they ever have and stay healthy.If that happens you will get career years just based on health and the talent involved. Did you know Eloy and Robert haven't stayed on the field long enough to actually be good together for any real length of time ?

Imagine how good the offense could be with both of them playing well together for a long stretch of the season combined with Moncada being much better and Colas having a strong rookie season and Vaughn having a breakout year also.

They were so poor against RHP last year but if Moncada, Colas and Benintendi all hit well and Eloy and Robert stay healthy all of a sudden they are strong against RHP. You really wouldn't even need Grandal to bounce back all that much then since he is the oldest and playing the most physically demanding position . But the rest of those guys all can do soooo much better than they have with the exception of Colas and Benintendi who are the newcomers. Hell Anderson too might be the most likely to bounce back to his accustomed levels. But we really do need the guys who bat LH to produce .

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

To me it's simple. They need multiple guys to have career years or at least play the most games they ever have and stay healthy.If that happens you will get career years just based on health and the talent involved. Did you know Eloy and Robert haven't stayed on the field long enough to actually be good together for any real length of time ?

Imagine how good the offense could be with both of them playing well together for a long stretch of the season combined with Moncada being much better and Colas having a strong rookie season and Vaughn having a breakout year also.

They were so poor against RHP last year but if Moncada, Colas and Benintendi all hit well and Eloy and Robert stay healthy all of a sudden they are strong against RHP. You really wouldn't even need Grandal to bounce back all that much then since he is the oldest and playing the most physically demanding position . But the rest of those guys all can do soooo much better than they have with the exception of Colas and Benintendi who are the newcomers. Hell Anderson too might be the most likely to bounce back to his accustomed levels. But we really do need the guys who bat LH to produce .

Oh, I agree with your thoughts, but after 2022, my perceived likelihood of the above is really low.

On 2/15/2023 at 1:07 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Pretty much. He hasn't had the desire forever. Probably the last time he was really engaged was like '08 or so imo. Since he replaced KW with Hahn the org as a whole has just been stuck in neutral.

KW is still in the org and never left, and KW continues to be the problem that wont go away