4/11 Games

BamaDoc

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

FWIW, only reason I didn't count Kopech is because he's beginning to falter. But that could also be attributed to several injuries + the COVID layoff taking their toll.

Agree on Paddy - and I think we're beginning to see greater dividends with his ability to scout hitters. Fingers crossed that his pitching signees begin to come through.

I think they should still get credit for major league production. He could have easily flamed out.

But yeah I think if I were an Owner that gave a s%*#, I'd look at the Braves and say "you have had similar payroll, you have similar rules/advantages (draft picks, lottery pools), why haven't you had similar results?". Hell they lost their lat am operation for years and still were able to keep a top 15 farm until this year when they emptied out for Sean Murphy.

There are real things that make it harder to make the sox competitive. But...it is what it is. Get over it. Similar orgs are kicking your ass. 

If Hahn had any shame he'd retire. Also he should apologize to me and give me his degrees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I think they should still get credit for major league production. He could have easily flamed out.

But yeah I think if I were an Owner that gave a s%*#, I'd look at the Braves and say "you have had similar payroll, you have similar rules/advantages (draft picks, lottery pools), why haven't you had similar results?". Hell they lost their lat am operation for years and still were able to keep a top 15 farm until this year when they emptied out for Sean Murphy.

There are real things that make it harder to make the sox competitive. But...it is what it is. Get over it. Similar orgs are kicking your ass. 

If Hahn had any shame he'd retire. Also he should apologize to me and give me his degrees.

The development side of the org is welcome to take some credit for Kopech, but the side that actually brings talent in gets no credit for that. I view it as we have not drafted many players who have went on to do much anything.  That is a problem.  

• Like 1