GQ: Tim Anderson Is Tired of Being the Most Misunderstood Man in Baseball

caulfield12

3 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Who said anyone was actively looking? This was all over social media yesterday. And yeah when the "face of the franchise" is telling people/fans who are upset he's turned into a garbage player to f off, I think it's worth noting. When you thrust yourself into the public eye people will take notice. 

But he's been posting these vague 'f the haters' things for years. Now that he sucks at baseball, people think he's talking directly to them? He's always been kind of tone deaf. I don't get why we're reacting to this stuff so much now.

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

But he's been posting these vague 'f the haters' things for years. Now that he sucks at baseball, people think he's talking directly to them? He's always been kind of tone deaf. I don't get why we're reacting to this stuff so much now.

Isn’t it obvious that people are willing to overlook your enormous character flaws when you’re playing well?  When you suck, add humility and decency to your repertoire.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Isn’t it obvious that people are willing to overlook your enormous character flaws when you’re playing well?  When you suck, add humility and decency to your repertoire.

No I get that. I guess I just didn’t have the expectations that he’d be humbled by this. Never really struck me as that kind of guy.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Snopek said:

No I get that. I guess I just didn’t have the expectations that he’d be humbled by this. Never really struck me as that kind of guy.

You’re right.  I thought almost everyone had at least some fake humility.  Heck, even Ja Morant could fake it a little bit.  

I can’t figure out why people don’t like this guy.

• Like 1