GT: My Son’s First Game - Cease vs Gray on 9/17 at 1:10 pm

The Beast

26 minutes ago, Highland said:

Offense looked worse in person. Vaughn looked like he had no clue.

They honored the Winning Ugly team but hardly anyone responded. The place was so empty, and many people probably had no memory of the 1983 team. It was sad actually. That was a hell of a team.

They mentioned LaRussa and Baines as Hall of Famers on that team but said nothing about Fisk who is also in the Hall of Fame.

The Sox didn't even look competitive. I'll be surprised if they don't lose 100. The bottom of the lineup was nothing but automatic outs. 

The only thing worse than the 2023 White Sox are the hideous 1983 uniforms.

Sad Jerry continues to ostracize Carlton Fisk, who was a far superior baseball player than Harold Baines.

I loved Harold Baines, but Jerry even ruined that by conspiring with DUI Balco Guy to jam his crony BBHOF bullshit candidate down the garbage veterans committee’s throat.

1983 White Sox bWAR Leaders:

1. 5.1 Richard Dotson
  2. 4.3 Carlton Fisk
  3. 4.0 Floyd Bannister
  4. 3.7 Dewey LaMarr Hoyt
  5. 3.6 Scotty Fletcher
  6. 3.2 Rudy Law
  7. 2.7 Vance Law
  8. 2.6 Salome Barojas
  9. 2.3 Greg Luzinski
  10. 2.2 Tom Paciorek
  11. 2.2 Harold Baines
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Southpaw takes pictures with kids on the fundamentals deck in the 5th. My boy always makes sure we get up there every game. In case you're interested...

Thanks, we will check that out next time. Baby steps, I’ve got a lifetime to go with my son and we had a great time regardless. I’ve got great memories that I wanted to get!

47 minutes ago, Highland said:

Offense looked worse in person. Vaughn looked like he had no clue.

They honored the Winning Ugly team but hardly anyone responded. The place was so empty, and many people probably had no memory of the 1983 team. It was sad actually. That was a hell of a team.

They mentioned LaRussa and Baines as Hall of Famers on that team but said nothing about Fisk who is also in the Hall of Fame.

The Sox didn't even look competitive. I'll be surprised if they don't lose 100. The bottom of the lineup was nothing but automatic outs. 

They need to move on and market to something else. Like do a giveaway for cancer awareness and put Liam on it. It’s more relevant and marketable than a team most of the stadium didn’t grasp. You’re right, the offense sucked.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Thanks, we will check that out next time. Baby steps, I’ve got a lifetime to go with my son and we had a great time regardless. I’ve got great memories that I wanted to get!

They need to move on and market to something else. Like do a giveaway for cancer awareness and put Liam on it. It’s more relevant and marketable than a team most of the stadium didn’t grasp. You’re right, the offense sucked.

Didn’t they literally do this two days ago?

2 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

They have to go 6-6 to keep from losing 100 games. Not a chance they won’t. I wonder if JR will finally sell if they lose 100 games in 2024 as well?

They could lose 100 games for the next four years in a row and he won't sell. He's made that clear, the tax hit would be enormous. 

3 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

They have to go 6-6 to keep from losing 100 games. Not a chance they won’t. I wonder if JR will finally sell if they lose 100 games in 2024 as well?

Ron Kittle's 83 jersey. When the Sox weren't a laughingstock and fans could be proud of them:

May be an image of basketball jersey and text

• Like 1