The Anti-Rebuild Sentiment

GREEDY

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

I agree, but I hope see a more aggressive build part of the rebuild, which I think we'll get.

Until proven otherwise I’m expecting them to massively overpay for Salvador Perez in a trade (hoping not to the point of Montgomery) sign 4 or 5 players to $10 million contracts, and declare that they think they’re competitive for the AL Central right now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Until proven otherwise I’m expecting them to massively overpay for Salvador Perez in a trade (hoping not to the point of Montgomery) sign 4 or 5 players to $10 million contracts, and declare that they think they’re competitive for the AL Central right now.

There is 100% no chance they trade Montgomery for Salvador Perez. Even the White Sox aren't that stupid.

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

My guess is they give up Quero or Schultz in that deal though.

he is still owed 46 million dollars, the Royals should be the one giving up prospects to get out from that. I can't imagine any scenario where any prospect more valuable than Wilfred Veras is traded for Perez. I'd actually like the guy on the team but you'd have to be foolish to give up anything of actual value.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I'd file that plan under "How not to rebuild"

• Thanks 1

I'll have more on this in the next few days i.e. By the Numbers but seriously there isn't one single area that I can find where the Sox can say, "OK...at least we are in good shape here..."

The offense is a joke (more than half their games this year they scored three runs or less), the pitching is a disaster with few starters and a bullpen made up almost entirely of cast off's, retreads and has been's, terrible fundamentals from "baseball-stupid" players, an incompetent, dysfunctional and inept front office who is new to the carnage, an ossified owner who has already put limits on the free agent situation publicly and a poor minor league system. 

What could possibly go wrong in 2024? 😆

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'll have more on this in the next few days i.e. By the Numbers but seriously there isn't one single area that I can find where the Sox can say, "OK...at least we are in good shape here..."

The offense is a joke (more than half their games this year they scored three runs or less), the pitching is a disaster with few starters and a bullpen made up almost entirely of cast off's, retreads and has been's, terrible fundamentals from "baseball-stupid" players, an incompetent, dysfunctional and inept front office who is new to the carnage, an ossified owner who has already put limits on the free agent situation publicly and a poor minor league system. 

What could possibly go wrong in 2024? 😆

Rock bottom

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

My guess is they give up Quero or Schultz in that deal though.

I seriously doubt that they trade  any of their top 5 prospects for a player who should be a salary dump.
But, of course, he won't be a salary dump. I'd say they'll trade from the prospects Pedro doesn't like: Colas, Sosa, and/or some 2nd tier guys.  Even that is too much.