Astros part ways with Assistant GM, Farm Director

bmags

I would recommend Getz sniff around here.

https://theathletic.com/4945317/2023/10/09/astros-split-assistant-gm-bill-firkus/

Dana Brown coming from the Braves is not just going to take over the same operation, so it makes sense.

It should be a great opportunity to steal people from an org that has done an incredible job developing pitching, especially the pitchers that Marco Paddy apparently likes (Framber Valdez was an 18 year old signing for cheap, not 16 which is bad per JR)

Now...why would you join chris getz and the white sox? Lol I don't know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn't do a good enough job reading but Sara Goodrum the farm director was hired by Click from the Brewers. So, probably shouldn't give credit for Framber. Nonetheless, Brewers/Astros seems a good experience to see two orgs much better at pitching development than us (to say the least)

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 9:50 AM, bmags said:

I would recommend Getz sniff around here.

https://theathletic.com/4945317/2023/10/09/astros-split-assistant-gm-bill-firkus/

Dana Brown coming from the Braves is not just going to take over the same operation, so it makes sense.

It should be a great opportunity to steal people from an org that has done an incredible job developing pitching, especially the pitchers that Marco Paddy apparently likes (Framber Valdez was an 18 year old signing for cheap, not 16 which is bad per JR)

Now...why would you join chris getz and the white sox? Lol I don't know.

Lifetime job security.