Liam Appreciation Thread

Chisoxfn

Not many guys over the past few years deserve on - Liam deserves 100.  Dude was awesome on and off the field and gave it 110% at everything he did.  We will miss you on the Southside Liam and wish you all the success in Boston (except when you play the right colored Sox :)).  

• Like 5

I normally don't get too sad when players move on, especially when they were only here for a couple years, but this one hurts. Hope he recovers well and continues to pitch and b**** into his 40s.

32 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Not many guys over the past few years deserve on - Liam deserves 100.  Dude was awesome on and off the field and gave it 110% at everything he did.  We will miss you on the Southside Liam and wish you all the success in Boston (except when you play the right colored Sox :)).  

Pretty sure his departure in general just deserves a giant “FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!”

Seems like a fitting tribute.

• Like 1

What was everyone's favorite memory of Liam on southside. I think for me it was his first ASG with the Sox. I think Fox mic'd him up and he was missing on a few pitches and for any Sox fan you knew what you would get out of Liam but clearly the national broadcast didn't.  It was hillarious but really the epitome for how he gave it all on the field and also back to the Chicagoland community too.  

• Love 1

He made a lot of saves and was fun to watch and pull for.  The one non-save I remember is the game when he had two outs with a man on with a one run lead.  He got the hitter to hit a soft pop up in short left in foul territory, and Engel comes in to catch it, and he closed his eyes and his glove too soon. Next pitch was a home run.