Colon rumor

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little something to add to my original lengthy post...

The team with the bets shot of outdoing us in our deal is the Reds....they have a pitcher who can counter Biddle in the deal(Dempster), Paul(LaRue, Stennet or Miller), Glover(John Riedling, though Glover is better), and they could send another minor league starter as well....the key point in the deal, however, is Liefer....Liefer gives Montreal a 1B/OF type who could possibly hit for power. The Reds can't supply that without giving up one of their, if not their, biggest threat in the lineup in Adam Dunn. They said no to a deal that would send Dunn to Montreal earlier, so I would guess they haven't changed their mind any.

Tell me....is a Biddle, Glover, Paul, Liefer and Stewart for Colon deal better than a Dempster, LaRue, Riedling and someone else for Colon? Methinks it is. I also am getting a little excited about the deal occurring.

Little did I know when i started this thread that it would still be going 2 days later.  Lets make the trade KW.  I will then buy my season tickets.

I can think of alot of things you would be better off spending your hard earned money on than a team that has no intention of bettering itself. I wish someone would kill all these Colon f***ing rumor threads. There are gonna be alot of let down posters when Colon either goes to another team or starts 2003 in an Expos uni.

Key word there is most....nothing gave me a higher high on the season coming back from 8-0 on the Cubs....after we went down 8-0, my brother(who is a follower of the f***in Twins) said that the game was over.  I just basically told him there was plenty of time left....and did I show him up or what.  That was the game of the century for the Sox right there....then again, the century is only 3 years old!  :D

Hey, that was a great game wasn't it? Me and my brother were down on the third base line watching the greatest comeback in Sox history. When Konerko hit that second home run, i must have run up and down those concrete steps 3 times! Never gonna forget it.

And to add to all the Colon-mania, I'm gettin a little feelin something's happening in a few days...this hype is causing us all to act like sharks sensing blood in the water...

Little did I know when i started this thread that it would still be going 2 days later.  Lets make the trade KW.  I will then buy my season tickets.

I can think of alot of things you would be better off spending your hard earned money on than a team that has no intention of bettering itself. I wish someone would kill all these Colon f***ing rumor threads. There are gonna be alot of let down posters when Colon either goes to another team or starts 2003 in an Expos uni.

If Kenny f***s up the deal......... then we can chastise him, however he looks like he is in the drivers seat, so give him a little patience until he has actually f***ed up.

Did Jason say something about the Expos having a meeting about having to do these moves in the next 3 days? SSF, maybe you're on to something.

Regardless...I think something will happen within the next week or so....the stove is gettin' too hot. Something is going to have to come out of it eventually....hopefully it will be a sweet Bartolo-cake....ok, that was a terrible play on words, I'll admit that.

Just a thought-- Kenny made the Wells trade about the same time of January on a Sunday.  I know this means nothing-- but you never know.  I think we will know something by Sunday.

Anticipation is a b****........... a f***ing b****. :fyou anticipation.

I'm gonna guess no on Finley...here's a quote from Ken Rosenthal's Inside Dish...

One team with interest in Finley says it is not willing to part with a No. 1 draft pick to sign him. . . .

If I had to take a wild guess on who that team was, I'd say it was the White Sox.

Inside Dish

PS...DON'T SAY AFTER....YOU'LL JINX IT :D

After KW gets Colon (notice I used after!), does he go sign Finley.  Then we have Mark, Colon, Garland, Wright and Finley.  Now that is an improvement!

I'd look for Jose Cruz. Jr, but Finley would be a good veteran pickup. Of course, he's on the way downside of his career, but he's really good defensively, has a ring, and is a great leader.

I don't want to do it if it costs us a first round pick though. I also love the idea of Palmerio.

After KW gets Colon (notice I used after!), does he go sign Finley.  Then we have Mark, Colon, Garland, Wright and Finley.  Now that is an improvement!

I'd look for Jose Cruz. Jr, but Finley would be a good veteran pickup. Of course, he's on the way downside of his career, but he's really good defensively, has a ring, and is a great leader.

I don't want to do it if it costs us a first round pick though. I also love the idea of Palmerio.

When did Finley get a ring?

I'd like Palmeiro or Ochoa....either one of them is a good bet.

I'm gonna guess no on Finley...here's a quote from Ken Rosenthal's Inside Dish...

One team with interest in Finley says it is not willing to part with a No. 1 draft pick to sign him. . . .

If I had to take a wild guess on who that team was, I'd say it was the White Sox.

Inside Dish

PS...DON'T SAY AFTER....YOU'LL JINX IT :D

We have the 15th pick in the first round, so if we did sign Finley it would be our 2nd round pick. So it can't be the Sox's.

We have the 15th pick in the first round, so if we did sign Finley it would be our 2nd round pick. So it can't be the Sox's.

I do not understand the procedures here to make sense of that sentence. If it would cost a 1st round pick to sign Finley why would it be our 2nd round pick because we have 15th in the 1st round. I admit to not knowing how these things work so if someone could please explain, I would be thankful.