if we trade magglio

tjhawk

what do we do then---Schilling and Colon(probably) aint coming--Ive read rumors about Piazza and Odallis Perez.. Ive also read rumors about Nick Johnson and Soriano that I didnt like. On the whitesoxinteractive board there was a rumor that the sox were about to make a major trade. Has anybody here heard anything about it?

what do we do then---Schilling and Colon(probably) aint coming--Ive read rumors about Piazza and Odallis Perez.. Ive also read rumors about Nick Johnson and Soriano that I didnt like. On the whitesoxinteractive board there was a rumor that the sox were about to make a major trade. Has anybody here heard anything about it?

Piazza coming here? I don't think so....

Haven't heard anything about Piazza.

Sox are interested in Odalis Perez, Freddy Garcia and there may be some interest in Soriano/Johnson but most of that has been speculation.

Also Koch has been rumored to be going to the Mets for Roger Cedeno. Haven't heard anything abuot something going down immediately, but if it does, my guess is Koch is the first to go.

I just don't think Peter Gammons is any good in the baseball indusdry. All he ever says is that the Yankees and Red Sox are looking at all these trade possibilities. How about heraing stuff about the other teams? Gammons sucks, anyone else agree? He is a Yankee and Red Sox lover.

:dips***

Also, the Sox wil trade Magglio for a nice package form the Yankees and hopefully the money we save will go to a good pitcher or two. Gordon, Sullivan, Ponson and maybe go after Hawkins.

AND that's what the majority of the fans want to hear. You think anyone gives a s*** what the Rockies or Pirates or even for that matter the White Sox want to do? No. They want to know what the Red Sox and Yankees want to do. They're the two most stories franchises in the MLB....what do you expect?

I just don't think Peter Gammons is any good in  the baseball indusdry.  All he ever says is that the Yankees and Red Sox are looking at all these trade possibilities.  How about heraing stuff about the other teams?  Gammons sucks, anyone else agree?  He is a Yankee and Red Sox lover.

:dips***

Also, the Sox wil trade Magglio for a nice package form the Yankees and hopefully the money we save will go to a good pitcher or two.  Gordon, Sullivan, Ponson and maybe go after Hawkins.

No. Actually, he is just a Red Sox lover. But since what the Yankees do affects the Red Sox ........ so on and so forth.

why would we want Piazza?

One reason: Four slow right-handed hitters aren't enough. We need five.

LMAO!! Post of the week!

As for Gammons, I'm glad to see he's become more popular now that the US Treasury has colored his portrait on the $20 bill. :)

I don't take any of his rumors seriously, I mean the guy is right about 10% of the time, and that's just because eventually a blind dog finds an ass to sniff.

I agree. And not only that, but he reports on those teams, because he is basically a beat reporter, and there the ones who make the most nosie. He goes where the action is, and like Witesoxfan said, what action goes down on Colorado and Pitt.???

Plus, I'd bet anything that his bosses at ESPN only want to hear him talk about the Yanks, Red Sox, Scrubs, etc., because they want to attract viewers and they think that's the surest way.