Kazou Matsui

RibbieRubarb

The biggest worry with Matsui is his high strikeout numbers. Most would think those numbers would increase when coming over and that wouldn't be a good sign.

Other then that I hear he's amazing defensively and a great baserunner and has similar speed to Ichiro, although I agree its hard to believe. Remember, while he could be as fast, he'll never get that jump out of the box that Ichiro does, unless he has an identical swing.

He's worth the same money as Jose for one reason..he will put fans in the seats.

He's worth the same money as Jose for one reason..he will put fans in the seats.

If he is anything like he's been billed (and I will believe it when I see it), he is worth more than Jose. Not that it makes him any less unaffordable--Sox have no money and there is no getting arounf that fact.

He will put fans in seats, but how many extra fans? Enough for extra 2-3 Mill? I doubt it.

If Matsui can be had for $5 million or less, the Sox screwed up big time by picking up the option on Valentin. Unless, of course, he gets traded to L.A. or whereever.

I still can't see the Sox doing something like signing Matsui. They just don't operate that way.

D'Angelo Jiminez has the baseball instincts of a box of rocks. I'm very glad he's no longer with the Sox.