BigTen/ACC Challenge

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind here is the agenda...

Monday, Dec. 1

7 p.m.: Northwestern at Florida State (ESPN2)

Tuesday, Dec. 2

7 p.m: Indiana at Wake Forest (ESPN)

7:30 p.m.: N.C. State at Michigan (ESPN2)

9 p.m.: Illinois vs. UNC, Greensboro, N.C. (ESPN)

9:30 p.m.: Wisconsin at Maryland (ESPN2)

Wednesday, Dec. 3

7 p.m.: Georgia Tech at Ohio State (ESPN)

7:30 p.m.: Clemson at Purdue (ESPN2)

9 p.m.: Duke at Michigan State (ESPN)

9:30 p.m.: Minnesota at Virginia (ESPN2)

The Challenge starts off tonight....Here's the schedule.

Monday, Dec. 1

7 p.m.: Northwestern at Florida State (ESPN2)

Tuesday, Dec. 2

7 p.m: Indiana at Wake Forest (ESPN)

7:30 p.m.: N.C. State at Michigan (ESPN2)

9 p.m.: Illinois vs. UNC, Greensboro, N.C. (ESPN)

9:30 p.m.: Wisconsin at Maryland (ESPN2)

Wednesday, Dec. 3

7 p.m.: Georgia Tech at Ohio State (ESPN)

7:30 p.m.: Clemson at Purdue (ESPN2)

9 p.m.: Duke at Michigan State (ESPN)

9:30 p.m.: Minnesota at Virginia (ESPN2)

The Big Ten is definitely going to run the Challenge this year. I'm a big Hoosier fan. I got to see the rematch of IU-MD at Conseco in Indy last year on December 3rd. That game owned. Blake hit the shot after time expired at half court. We all thought he put it up in time. Luckily, it wasn't counted. The game went to OT. IU eventually won the game; Coverdale had 31 that night.

:angry: OUCH

"Indiana's victory over Xavier came with a significant price. George Leach -- the only player listed as a center on the Hoosiers roster -- suffered a injury to his left knee and he is out indefinitely. The 6-11 Leach is not expected to miss the rest of the season. With Leach out for a while, sophomore forward Sean Kline will see more action. In addition, freshman forward Patrick Ewing Jr. could see more playing time."

We really needed Leach to step up this year as Newton did last year, Jefferies the year before, and so on. Leach has a great presence on the defensive side of the court, but we needed to see him step it up offensively. This is a big blow to the Hoosiers. Hopefully he can recover from this fast. The thing that hurts the most about this, we don't really have any other height to replace him with.

Why would the Big Ten not put their best foot forward, Iowa is better then Northwestern.

I'm sure there was a scheduling conflict or something. Or maybe things rotate.

I think it will be pretty good. The ACC isn't as good as usual and the Big 10 is stronger then a lot make them out to be, imo.

FSU can take Northwestern, look out for Tim Pickett.  And the ACC will take it for the fifth straight year.

Yeah, but I think NU will be more ready for this game then normal. Usually they play total powderpuffs to start the season and the Big Ten/ACC Challenge is their first tough game and they get their asses whooped. Not to say that they shouldn't get their asses whooped anyway, but NC State beat them by like 30 last year and they rarely compete in the games. This year they have already played Depaul and Colorado so FSU won't be their 1st decent team. Unfortunately I think this is one of the worst NU teams in recent years, which is really saying something. :(

LOL arguing FSU NU is like the contest for the tallest midget, who cares.  Talk to me when we start talking about the real games :lol:

LOL I'm sorry, I was unaware that we were only supposed to discuss certain teams, please fill me in on the guidelines for which teams are kosher. Nevermind the fact that there was no arguing going on, just some back and forth from people who do care. And furthermore, I don't remember begging for your knowledge regarding this particular game, yet you act like the onus was on you to divulge some masterful analysis.

LOL I'm sorry, I was unaware that we were only supposed to discuss certain teams, please fill me in on the guidelines for which teams are kosher. Nevermind the fact that there was no arguing going on, just some back and forth from people who do care.  And furthermore, I don't remember begging for your knowledge regarding this particular game, yet you act like the onus was on you to divulge some masterful analysis.

what crawled up you and died? Can't recognize a joke by this little smiley guy---> :lol: ? Nah, I guess that was too obscure.

Loosen up you might actually have some fun. :rolleyes: Instead of firing right into name calling mode, actually read a little closer.

what crawled up you and died?  Can't recognize a joke by this little smiley guy---> :lol: ?  Nah, I guess that was too obscure.

Loosen up you might actually have some fun. :rolleyes: Instead of firing right into name calling mode, actually read a little closer.

Hey, when your team is compared to a midget it's not easy. You started with the blows, Spiff merely defended himself.

what crawled up you and died?  Can't recognize a joke by this little smiley guy---> :lol: ?  Nah, I guess that was too obscure.

Where did I call you a name? I read closely, trust me. Just because you put a :lol: at the end doesn't change what you said before it. I can take jokes, but that was one of the least funny things I've heard in a while, it was blatant disrespect and I did not appreciate it.

Where did I call you a name?  I read closely, trust me.  Just because you put a  :lol:  at the end doesn't change what you said before it.  I can take jokes, but that was one of the least funny things I've heard in a while, it was blatant disrespect and I did not appreciate it.

Dude you take things WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to seriously if you think that was disrespectful. Funny is all in the eye of the beholder and to each his own, but OMG don't make fun of Northwestern/Florida St playing basketball against each other. Its not like you were debating slavery reparations, or US/Iraq policy. If that upset you that much, it sure looks like you can't handle a meaningless joke.

Seriously.

Relax.

The bottom line is you had no reason to interject with that BS.

And Florida State is one thing I take seriously, disrespect them and you are disrespecting something I care alot about. How about I jump into the music thread and start ripping on the Beatles, then see how well you take some meaningless jokes.