4 hours ago4 hr Not long after we acquired Doyle, I commented somewhere on here about how fidgety he was at the plate. I think I phrased it as him looking like an amateur golfer who watched way too many YouTube swing videos. He had a dramatic toe tap, moving his body a ton pre-pitch like some sort of routine he felt was necessary. He looked awful. Now? Hes SO MUCH QUIETER in his stance. More upright, very slight toe tap, is not draining concentration from the pitcher by concentrating on some dumb movement. He looks like a completely different hitter. For as much s%*# as Getz fairly gets for the Castillo debacle, I think this Doyle move is going to prove to be a real winner, not only through this post season but also by adding another 20-30 dongs to our lineup next season. Huge props to the hitting staff for apparently fixing this kid.
4 hours ago4 hr Pretty sure you and I were the only Doyle advocates when we got him. I think he’s going to be one of the most valuable players on our team next year and will be starting in centerfield with Peters getting time in left.
3 hours ago3 hr 1 hour ago, mmmmmbeeer said:Not long after we acquired Doyle, I commented somewhere on here about how fidgety he was at the plate. I think I phrased it as him looking like an amateur golfer who watched way too many YouTube swing videos. He had a dramatic toe tap, moving his body a ton pre-pitch like some sort of routine he felt was necessary. He looked awful.Now? Hes SO MUCH QUIETER in his stance. More upright, very slight toe tap, is not draining concentration from the pitcher by concentrating on some dumb movement. He looks like a completely different hitter.For as much s%*# as Getz fairly gets for the Castillo debacle, I think this Doyle move is going to prove to be a real winner, not only through this post season but also by adding another 20-30 dongs to our lineup next season. Huge props to the hitting staff for apparently fixing this kid.He can be a 5 tool player. Excellent pick up. We need right handed pop.
3 hours ago3 hr 1 hour ago, hi8is said:Pretty sure you and I were the only Doyle advocates when we got him. I think he’s going to be one of the most valuable players on our team next year and will be starting in centerfield with Peters getting time in left.Peters arm makes him a better corner outfielder. Edited 3 hours ago3 hr by Colome's Hat
3 hours ago3 hr Also think Vargas could potentially be a corner outfielder. Don't think for a second that it's the equivalent of moving Vaughn to the outfield. He's the best athlete on the team by far.
3 hours ago3 hr If the coaches can fix Doyle, what does that say about some other players who clearly have needed fixing for a while.
2 hours ago2 hr Author 40 minutes ago, Green Line said:If the coaches can fix Doyle, what does that say about some other players who clearly have needed fixing for a while.That it’s predominantly mental, but I was assured it was a 1.37° change in Mune’s bat angle while in his batting stance and definitely not mental.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, Colome's Hat said:Also think Vargas could potentially be a corner outfielder. Don't think for a second that it's the equivalent of moving Vaughn to the outfield. He's the best athlete on the team by far.Doyle has the better arm and sprint speed is very very close.Vargas better power for his size, but not by a whole lot unless you're saying Vargas has even more potential to reach for physically next year.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, Green Line said:If the coaches can fix Doyle, what does that say about some other players who clearly have needed fixing for a while.That some are more resistant to change than others.That baseball scouts and pitchers/catchers also possess an equivalent ability to bounce back with adjustments.
1 hour ago1 hr Doyle has been getting playing time, especially against LHP, and has pretty good numbers to show for it. He is hot at the right time.
1 hour ago1 hr He could never hit in the best hitter's park in MLB, and you guys think it's because of some unusual movement in the batters box?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.