ESPN Insider Q?

Gene Honda Civic

On the ESPN site, there's an Insiders link that says: "Rumors: Angels make Colon 4-year offer?"

Anyone know the specifics of this?

Have the text?

How does it compare to the Sox offer? I know we offered 3 years. But with maybe the Yanks and Phils out of the running, and maybe clearing payroll w/ a Kongerko deal, Could we pony up a better offer? Will Colon be coming back to us?

ESPN.com posts things to get people to buy the insider, so always take those "headlines" with a grain of salt.

I would doubt the Angels are offering him 18million more than the sox offer

For what it's worth WSCR in Chicago was reporting today that Colon is leaning towards the sox 3 year 30 million dollar offer

For what it's worth WSCR in Chicago was reporting today that Colon is leaning towards the sox 3 year 30 million dollar offer

I read from someone on here, that the deal we offered, as it was structured, was kind of a joke. Although the overall figure we heard may have sounded good, It was insentive-laden and back-ended.

I think we may have to retool our offer to Colon to get him to consider coming back.

I'm sick of us tip-toeing our way around contracts.

If it's not a home grown player, the contracts are incentive-laden. It's pathetic. Guarantee him some cash.

Anybody know Kenny's email?? We should tell him this because as Sox fans we are pissed off by incentive-laden deals!

Anybody know Kenny's email??  We should tell him this because as Sox fans we are pissed off by incentive-laden deals!

You know what his response would probably be?

"You can't spend a dollar if you only have fifty cents!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, in this case, you can't blame Kenny. We can't add anything more on to Colon's offer because JR's a dick and won't dish out some dough.

ESPN.com posts things to get people to buy the insider, so always take those "headlines" with a grain of salt. 

I would doubt the Angels are offering him 18million more than the sox offer

I heard something about that from a friend. Colon must be pretty upset he didn't bite at these first offers now. It's kind of nice that we Colon could be back and for cheaper than we expected. I also heard around the same time the Angels actually did make another bid at Colon. I really think Colon could be back though. This is good news, if you ask me. :headbang

hey i saw something about this on cbs sportsline tonite that would suck we need colon i think even if we do get perez just for insurance

well i've been lookin around this site for awhile finally decided to post cant wait for the 2004 season. LETS GO SOX

Welcome aboard and I completely agree, Colon/Millwood and another solid 5th would be big steps to making this team a lot better.

As far as I'm concerned, if they have to deal Maggs or Lee, Konerko, Jose, and Koch to clear the payroll to make that happen and to bring in quality relievers, then so be it.